BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Thanks.

Ooh nice, I need to put some more points in armourer befoire I can upgrade it that far I think.

I've had to do that like 4 times lol, on the brightside it has made raiders at a few nearby locations respawn along with all the junk lying around.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Yup needs to be level four in the armourer skill and level one in science to get the top tier. Also not really worth upgrading to level V since you have to pay full cost to go from V to VI anyway.

Was quite annoying since my settlement is basically a fortress and half the peeps are heavily armed and armoured like these guys better all be in power armour

Yep I think I have two points in armourer, so will save up afew perk point and get the rest at some point.

Made a few changes to my market:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Yep, didn't find too many of the perks that useful, but passing the skill checks is well worth it.
    I got the first rank of each of the Pacify perks, those have been handy to stop some people in fights without burning ammo, and pacified people count for "clearing" a place. The only problem is that if you, say, step onto a roof and then back into a building, those people are no longer pacified, which is kind of annoying.

Oh, and Local Leader 1 and 2.

Otherwise, my perks have gone into lockpicking, hacking, mods for guns and armor, Science, Medic, and +5/10% damage with chance to explode enemy (at level 30 right now). I might not be able to shoot that well, but I can make a nasty gun and when it hits, it hits hard.

Chapter-Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1004045.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	338.2 KB 
ID:	16414
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I feel like I might be lacking a bit with my settlement building, but it's not bad. In Sanctuary Hills, I've got a couple buildings for people to sleep and lounge in (one of them was the original building, which I might dismantle and add to another), a small office in its own building, another building set up with a pool table (had to hunt down pool cues again), a dining table with chairs, wet bar (not stocked because I ran out of swear words trying to place bottles and glasses), some stools and other seating, and a small building just for me to sleep in (off to the side from the others). Also defenses and other stuff.

I went and scrapped everything, and even scrapped all of the stuff in my house... except Shaun's crib. I took that and placed it in the "rec room," in an easy to spot location, with a few toys placed in it, as a reminder to myself and everyone else what my primary mission was: getting Shaun back. Sure, I've spent weeks now running all over helping others, but I see that as building up resources to help that primary mission. And once I complete it, I can then dedicate myself to seriously building up all these points of light in the darkness.

Oh, and the relationship with Piper is easy to explain despite the dead husband (whose wedding ring I keep on my character, as another reminder): Here you are in this strange new world, trying to get a handle on everything in a dark new world, and there's someone willing to help you adjust, being a great friend, and eventually, well, that person starts to fill your "best friend" role, and it just goes from there. You mourn the dead, but life goes on, and really, would your deceased S.O. want you to spent life alone?

Have to give Fallout 4 kudos for making me actually think of my character's motivation for their actions so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1004045.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	338.2 KB 
ID:	16414
    Yeah, that pretty much says it all. I saw a can of Fosters on the sidewalk today, and immediately pictured a box floating beside it with "Aluminum (1)". I scour every inch of every building I'm in to find stuff to take with me.

Also, amusingly, you can put together a building with the steel you get from dismantling just a few guns. That would be a funny conversation item: "Yes, this living room used to a minigun. The kitchen was a pair of pistols, and the den's an old combat rifle."

Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

That is hilarious. I like how the tone just got more and more mocking.

The "teabagging" at the end was a bit odd, though. I mean, this isn't Call of Duty or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    The "teabagging" at the end was a bit odd, though. I mean, this isn't Call of Duty or anything...
    Pah, we in Halo were grinding corpses for years before CoD happened.

Chapter-Master

So I made my settlers a bar, and they seem to love it.

And because you just want to keep fiddling I made it cosier, with walls and a couple of settees.

I didn't take a pic of the final form but it's now covered in pictures as well.

Also got myself a nice little alien blaster last night as well.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast