BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

It may already have been mentioned, but the Scrapper perk is very useful. Lets you get extra materials when you scrap weapons and armour, including copper and so forth, then more rare materials in the second rank. Combine it and the travel while heavily encumbered and salvage runs become very lucrative.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Chapter-Master

I really need to stop talking to Preston, he keeps sending me on the same missions. 23 hours in and I have done virtually no story missions, just set up settlements and responded to calls for help.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Banned

Yup, just keeps generating radial quests like some of the NPCs in Skyrim. But as you go on in the story you'll get more people to give you more random missions so will have some variety

Chapter-Master

ok the Castle artillery is pretty fun...

Chapter-Master

I'm loving the artillery. Combined with high sneak, it can be a wonderfully fun way to start clearing a place. Is there a fixed number of shots or is it based on the artillery positions built?

I'd also massively under estimated my play time, last save is marked at 3days 6hours and I'm still only upto diamond city in the main quest, but level 38 and with about 190 locations discovered. Now upto 9 power armour frames, but most appear to be missing right legs. Only got two complete suits, the one you start with, and a Raider II one. Latest frame is being populated with pieces of T60 I took off a gunner, who thought he was a space marine and could run round with no helmet on

Started building my market/bar/water place at the drive in. First time I've run out of steel. But it's going to be beautiful. Well functional anyway. Also all my settlements except one are now linked with supply lines, and I have two named characters working for me, which I think means I'll be able to assign them to appropriate shops to make them effectively "tier 4".

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I have set up some supply lines between Sanctuary, the drive in, and Castle, and maybe one or two others, but I have no idea what it actually does. I assigned Sturgess to a weapon stall several times but he never stays there.

don't know about the artillery, I assume it is just limited by the marker grenades. I have run out of steel and wood whilst fortifying Castle, though it does look awesome now. need more copper for linking my laser turrets, and some oil for building artillery. I have artillery at the drive in and at hangmans alley now, so I would imagine I have pretty decent coverage. would be nice if it told you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I have set up some supply lines between Sanctuary, the drive in, and Castle, and maybe one or two others, but I have no idea what it actually does. I assigned Sturgess to a weapon stall several times but he never stays there.
    Supply lines mean you share the workbench inventory between linked locations. So you can harvest a bunch of steel from the drive in and link it to the castle and it'll be available at the castle (and if you link the castle to a farm the farm can use that steel also).

Yeah I've noticed the named people tend to wander around so are no good for shop stalls or guard posts.

Chapter-Master

Supply lines mean two things I think. Settlements can pull needed food and water from elsewhere so you don't necessarily have to farm there, and they pool your junk in all your connected workshops when it comes to building. At least that's what it feels like, because I've got the drive in connected a minor farm, which is connected to the radio outpost in the north east, and that is connected to sanctuary, and when I was building I had the ability to build a dozen missile turrets had I wished which means its certainly accessing sanctuary's workshop if not the entire networks. (I do all my scrapping at sanctuary).

I meant the number of rounds in a salvo. I'll have to count them, build a few more and then count them again

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I'll have to count them, build a few more and then count them again

And yes linked places share food and water, but I personally prefer having everyone self sufficient for that in case the the supply line person getting killed (also it doesn't show in the info bar I think?).

Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast