BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Apparently the scavenger tables provide junk items as well. Maybe a couple of those would help with a copper shortage?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Apparently the scavenger tables provide junk items as well. Maybe a couple of those would help with a copper shortage?
    Any thoughts on how those work? I have one but no idea if the guy on it is actually doing anything?

For copper I find looking for lamps/bulbs/phones? to be the best thing to keep an eye out for. Same thing with desk fans for gears/screws. I was walking by a lot of both before I realized what they were for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Just ran into the Vault-tec rep from the start of the game again. Asked him to come live at Sanctuary and he was so happy
    Yeah, that was a pretty emotional moment. Kind of disappointed he was just called "Vault-Tec," though. And when I went to Sanctuary and walked up to him, he was so joyous about it. That was a nice touch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Also the quarry was haunted and full of ghouls.
    Sounds like Dunwich Borers. I didn't even think of the "Dunwich Horror" connection before waltzing in to explore the place. Raiders on the outside, ferals all over the inside (who wake up when you flip a circuit breaker to turn on lights). But the creepiest thing is the flashbacks, especially the last one you see (and it's worth diving in the water in the room after the last flashback). Read the memos, listen to the holotapes, pay attention to the flashbacks, and it's a very messed up story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I see Piper's pretty popular as a companion. :P
    So far, and I'm not remembering names at the moment, I have Codsworth, Dogmeat, Valentine, Piper, Garvey, Danse, and just got Cait. Piper is the most fun to run with because I'm actually doing good things and helping people, but also not above picking locks and stuff like that, and she likes those things. I might try using Cait more in my second play-through where I'll see what it's like to just be a no-nonsense tough guy.

My friend likes running with Valentine, but probably because he's really into 40s and 50s stuff (loves the music from Fallout) and Valentine does the pulp detective thing all the time. Though that does mean he's running around with a non-romance companion. (I'm sure he'll just headcanon something in there.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I only have one point in that so far, been upping my charisma, intelligence etc. to get science, gun nut, and the leader perk for my settlement
    Max Charisma is worth it for all the options you can succeed at in conversations. You can ask for lots more caps and get it. You can also talk down situations, or get people to believe you didn't kill someone you totally did kill.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aegwymourn View Post
    Any thoughts on how those work? I have one but no idea if the guy on it is actually doing anything?

For copper I find looking for lamps/bulbs/phones? to be the best thing to keep an eye out for. Same thing with desk fans for gears/screws. I was walking by a lot of both before I realized what they were for.

I think you just assign someone to it and stuff starts appearing in the workshops junk panel every couple of game days or so. Yeah i know where to find it its actually seeing the items. It's getting better, but I was really struggling when i first started building.

So I leveled up last night to the point where I got my charisma to 6 and got the local leader perk. Which makes building settlements so much easier. So after that I spent an hour or so tweaking some bases. As I'd not been back most had too many people, not enough food/water/beds/defence. But I have three adhesive farms now, with spare people on towers or scavenging.

Chapter-Master

I got local leader last night and was very pleased, then found you need rank 2 for all the shops.

I thought for a moment I had had an awesome idea, as I was carrying masses of ammo I don't use, I could scrap it all for metal. but you can't scrap ammo annoyingly.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

No, but you can use it to offset the cost of a delivery of raw materials. 25 oil only costs 100 water or 800 .38 bullets

Chapter-Master

doesn't seem worth it

Chapter-Master

Yes but I've got Sanctuary producing about 130 bottles of purified every day or so.

Chapter-Master

that is good going. I built a big water purifier there, got a water rating of 46 for 5 people...

Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast