BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Is it?. I found a scrap of paper on a raider saying theres a massive stash of drugs at such and such a location, and it added a mission under the miscellaneous tab for me.
    IIRC, I walked in on a fight between the owner of the high rise bar in DC and some other guy, and afterward, the owner wanted me to help with something. He deals in smuggled drugs (to get around the import tax or something like that), but there's some other issue in there (it's been a while, the memory's fuzzy). Along the way you go take out a deal at one of the bridges, and interrogate a female ghoul, who will eventually give up the location of the drug factory. Afterward, the owner decided he didn't want a witness, so he tries to shoot her, and I'm left having to kill him because I said she could go. She did die, though. Later, the father of one of the guys I had to shoot got my attention and asked me about it, I used my Charisma to lie and said Marowski did it, so it's off to Goodneighbor to deal with him for payment from the father who wants revenge for his son. Strangely, despite a lack of witnesses, Marowski knows what I did, and tried to get 2000 caps from me as payment for the harm I caused him. Can't just attack Marowski at his desk in the hotel, so I waited until the middle of the night, snuck into his room, closed the door, and removed his head from his body with a laser pistol at close range. Piper, of course, was not amused by this, though it kept us both from being killed or forking over a bunch of caps. Besides, Marowski was a bad guy, the son was bad, and it was all bad for the Commonwealth.

Bonus quest bugs: I still can't get rid of the Miscellaneous quest to pay Marowski 2000 caps, despite him being quite dead. And the bodies of the people I attacked by the river are still there, continuously restocking their loot, so every once in a while I go through the area and grab some more stuff to sell/salvage.

Chapter-Master

I wonder if its the same quest?
    I don't know who any of these people are though, Still not been to good neighbour beyond discovering it.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Aside from going after Marowski, none of it happens in Goodneighbor. Starts in Diamond City, the ambush and drug factory are outside DC, and the guy whose son is killed is also in DC.

I do like how some of the quests tend to spiral out a story. Though in some cases you might not see it until a lot later and you have to be at the right place at the right time (i.e. the asylum quest line where you think you're done and then later it picks up the REAL quest line somewhere else).

Chapter-Master

*squee*

I found me some X-01iii armour. But I ran out of aluminium mid upgrade so it's mostly mkvi, apart from the chest and left leg which still need upgrading.
    Only had to kill an assaultron and sentry bot to get it.
    plasma grenads are awesome btw.

Starting to get some annoying bugs now. Turned up at sanctuary to find half a wall missing from my power armour bunker. Couldn't replace it as I'm at full build there, so had to delete a load of balcony fencing to reconstruct my wall. ¬_¬. There was something else last night that really pissed me off at the time and can't remember what it was.

Rad scorpions keep flying off on death as well.

Also went for a wander round the glowing see in combat armour, which was fun.

Banned

Chapter-Master

So I'm playing this playthrough "clean".
    But I think I've found my [URL="http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5032/?"]first mod[/URL] for my second playthrough.

Also I think i'm going to find my spare ssd out to install it on for my next playthrough. While loading times are faster than console, they could still be faster.

The only mod i've installed so far has been to get around the build limit for towns. I couldn't stand not being able to finish certain parts of my towns (as badly as I did). That being said, xmas time is going to have 1-2 days of just doing that.

The X-01 armor fully upgraded is boss. The only thing I've had to watch out for so far is the level 6? turrets. Things like super mutant masters with miniguns are just irritating =P

Chapter-Master

I haven't messed with the build limit yet cause I saw a lot of comments on a reddit thread discussing settlers pathing or something having problems with items placed over the limit.
    But second playthrough will be no holds barred

Finally took over the Castle.

Queen Crab thingy? Not a problem, I had lots of missiles.

Glowing Crab Thingy? Always made a bee-line for me, even when someone else triggered it, and I hadn't shot at it....many saves later, job was a good'un.

Currently in Vault 81, looking to flog off some of the stuff I'm carrying around for no good reason.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I used a console command to tweak the build limit in Sanctuary, but haven't been able to get it to work in other places (in fact, it might have broken The Castle). I just can't find a settlement size mod I feel comfortable with.

I grabbed a couple of the extra item mods, too. Need to figure out which is which, because I'd highly recommend the one that uses building materials that make sense, over the one where you can even set up trees and rocks and cars and such but it all takes cloth (how do you build a concrete wall out of cloth?!?). Still, I used the one with the "realistic" materials to add a little to my settlement. I scrapped the funky building I'd put together for my followers to sleep in (the floors weren't level and it pissed off my OCD) and built a larger wooden building on another empty lot in the cul-de-sac with a bottom floor for lounging, second floor for sleeping, and a covered rooftop with benches and picnic tables (and turrets). In the spot the old building occupied, I set up a single-room schoolhouse with student desks, a desk for the teacher, US flag, and left some room for a "play area." Then scrapped my house and rebuilt it as a nicer two-story home with the bedroom upstairs, and fiddled around some "walls" to try to set up interior walls (why are these not a thing?!?) so there was even a bathroom with a decent toilet and shower. Still have a lot of empty space to fill.

But that now means my Sanctuary has a large bunk house (with resting room); a large meeting hall/dance hall with rooftop bar; a rec room with pool table, dining table, decorations; a covered outdoor "shopping center" facing the river with tables set up (including riverside tables); a metal workshop with power armor stations on the bottom floor and crafting stations, desk, and storage upstairs; a personal house with bedroom and bathroom; schoolhouse; plenty of defenses set up; and a small "farm."

I might be enjoying all of that a bit much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Currently in Vault 81, looking to flog off some of the stuff I'm carrying around for no good reason.
    If you want to get all the stuff in Vault 81 done, make sure to talk to the girl whose cat ran off... getting the cat back is a necessary part of the vault's quests, but it doesn't really make it obvious that you should talk to the girl and do that.

I'm actually glad I was able to... it's a grey tabby named "Ashes" and I have a grey/orange tabby named Ashley which I shorted to "Ash" so it felt a little close to home when the cat ran out into the scary big Wasteland. Luckily it doesn't run off far, and goes right back when told to.

Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast