BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    the actual video on the Fallout facebook page is much better quality but this is the only one I could find to embed.

combat looks much better to me. Nothing wrong with the shooting previously, but in any FPS RPG it can be a little grind-y as you chip away numbers. this looks to me more fluid, and more like non-rpg shooters, bit faster paced. lots of little details making a big impact.
    It looks so good, I just hope it's not too combat focussed. Not that I have much justification to base that on, just love Fallout as an RPG series. That said looks like going to be so much fun. I mean power armour with a jet pack - what's not to love?!

Some other bits:

• Dogmeat can be given commands such as retrieving objects for the player. He can also loot enemies & is unkillable.
    • The leveling system has been reorganized so that perks are tied to SPECIAL stats instead of levels. Having a high SPECIAL stat will provide players access to advanced perks from the start.
    • Terminal hacking and Lockpicking mini-games will make a return.
    • Codsworth, the Mr. Handy robot, is voiced by Stephen Russel. He provided the voice of Garret in the original Thief game.

Also a pondering - if all the companions are romanceable is Codsworth? After all this is the series that gave us this:

I read somewhere that only human companions will be romancable so possibly no vibro-Codsworth.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

I'm sure there'll be a day one mod for it

It's inevitable yep.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I am totally going to be playing as F*ckface, Saint of the Wastes. I am honestly immature enough to not get tired of that in dialogue.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post

combat looks much better to me. Nothing wrong with the shooting previously, but in any FPS RPG it can be a little grind-y as you chip away numbers. this looks to me more fluid, and more like non-rpg shooters, bit faster paced. lots of little details making a big impact.
    ****. We're having nasty big looking insects.
    and death claws crawling out the sewers. **** **** ****.
    on the overhand ****ing jumppacks!

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

whoooooosh
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Banned

Interesting that they completely skipped over the Master and the super mutant army (and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel lol), but a good summary of the history. And only a month to go woo!

Chapter-Master

I'm still conflicted. I never really buy myself brand new games (except pokemon) But I really want this one and don't think I'll be able to wait till the steam sale GOTY edition.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast