BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Chapter-Master

Still not read that.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Me neither, never will. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

I might if I run out of books.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    This picture has made me realise they've dumbed the speech down to four options because it's apparently too difficult for console gamers to scroll down.
    Mass Effect and Dragon Age were able to handle up to 6 (maybe more, don't recall)... And trying to map those options to the four keys suddenly is really silly. You're limiting yourself just to make a system that will feel clunky on a gamepad, and will probably not be that fun to use with a mouse and keyboard. Seems like a bad design decision.

They'll probably have a, "find out more," option so you can branch the discussion into other topics. Remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Hope so. I'd hate to see it oversimplified just for controller user, when controllers worked fine with the system we already had. I use an XBox 360 controller to play Fallout and Elder Scrolls on my computer, too, and have no problems with scrolling for conversation options.

Chapter-Master

I played 3 on console and managed to scroll fine, this just seems silly.

Banned

QuakeCon 2015 attendees were privy to an exclusive presentation of Fallout 4 this afternoon, and Bethesda Studios head Todd Howard took the opportunity to share some important new details about the game.

First up is the news that Fallout 4 will include 12 companions who can join you on your journey. You can even romance them, regardless of their gender.

In addition, Howard discussed the naming of your character, and proclaimed that they've selected over 1,000 names that include both common real names as well as names that Bethesda believes its player may use, even in jest. By way of example, Howard proclaims that if you want to call your character F-ckface, that option is available to you, and the game will use that name in dialogue and conversations.

We also learned that Fallout Shelter is no longer an iOS exclusive -- it's on the way to Android as well on August 13.
    [URL="http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/24/new-fallout-4-details-emerge-from-quakecon.aspx?utm_content=buffer35141&utm_medium=s ocial&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer"]via[/URL]

Chapter-Master

the actual video on the Fallout facebook page is much better quality but this is the only one I could find to embed.

combat looks much better to me. Nothing wrong with the shooting previously, but in any FPS RPG it can be a little grind-y as you chip away numbers. this looks to me more fluid, and more like non-rpg shooters, bit faster paced. lots of little details making a big impact.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 07-25-2015 at 05:12 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    [URL="http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/24/new-fallout-4-details-emerge-from-quakecon.aspx?utm_content=buffer35141&utm_medium=s ocial&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer"]via[/URL]
    Sounds good.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast