BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Thre is a questline you get from Preston Garvey that gives you some basic settlement taks to teach you the basics, but I'd really recommend reading some tutorials online. It's not a difficult system (though using a controller might make it harder), but it requires some getting used to.
    Also remember one of the great strengths of Fallout is exploration, just wandering about seeing what you find and what you can kill and loot, so don't just focus on main missions wander around and explore and see whar you find. Not that it will hurt doing the main storyline of course.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I went wandering.

I found a kicking.

I went wandering.

Found a laser gun.

Tried laser gun.

Laser gun rubbish. Mr Mystery traded it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Lasergun works better once you've stuck bits to it.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

It's the ridiculously slow rate of fire, and the AI's unerring knack to dodge the second you pull the trigger. It's cack!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

That was my other bug last night. It was consistently shooting a good inch, inch half screen distance to the right of the crosshairs. Again solved by re-loading.

Still none of the problems compared to fallout 3.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

A lot of it takes some getting used to. I think a bunch of games these days suffer from the companies skipping on manuals, which used to be in every game (even something like Super Mario Brothers). With digital games it's easy enough to include a PDF with the download (like GOG does for old games).

Don't expect to make awesome, impressive, amazing settlements early on. You have to get used to it, and get the mats to build. It took me a while before I started figuring out how to do some stuff, so now I look back even at some of the things I originally liked and I feel I could do them better. (In some cases, I *need* to do better, like building a much larger building for power armor suits after the BOS provided me with three dozen suits.) For example, don't put your "home" next to the main entrance to Sanctuary, because you'll spend too much time hearing freaking Brahmin on the way in and out (especially if you have a bunch of provisioners).

In Sanctuary, my shops - the top-level ones, at that - are all just lined up on the street. Looks awful, really. But at the Drive-In, I have a u-shaped metal area set up for the shops there, with patio tables and chairs, and a fence around the seating area. On the island, I've got a wooden platform set up on the beach (with ladders for "stairs") with shops, a bar, places to sit and enjoy, defenses... You get better at figuring it out as you go along.

Don't compete with the over-achievers. It's like trying to match Mike McVey's paint jobs with only six months of painting experience.

For weapons, you should definitely get the modding perks. They help a lot. And figure out which class of weapon you prefer, and perk that up, too. I went from feeling like I was crap in combat to just mowing people down because I modded automatic weapons, usually rifles, and then maxed out the automatic weapons perks.

Now I'm feeling it.

Combat Shotgun and Sub-machine gun make all the difference. Cleared out the Super Mutants and saved what's-his-face tonight.

Chapter-Master

combat shotgun is a nice weapon
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yup. Short range doesn't matter when you're in Diamond City.

Banned

I'm slightly worried - who are you having to shoot in Diamond city?! O_o

Playing Fallout 4 be like

Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast