BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Favorite named character, fluff-wise?

As said in the title, what's your favorite named character based on their fluff? (not rules)

For me, Colonel "Iron Hand" Straken. He's been a favorite of mine since I printed out and read the Codex Catachan from the GW site a while back. His whole tirade at the battle of Moden's Ridge always makes me laugh, favorite line being "Medic! Stop your whining Brook you've still got another damned leg!"

It's just his bombastic, balls-out attitude and gung-ho nature that makes him my favorite. He's like a bunch of action-movie heroes rolled into one, plus he's a tough ol' *******. That's why he leads my army.

That all said I wish the new model had been like his picture in the new codex, where he's holding his shotgun with both hands and stepping forward. Hard to describe but it's a cool picture.

Yarrick, it's so over the top that I can't resist saying "hell yeah", it's one of those characters that you would like to see in a movie, interpreted by Samuel L. Jackson, even if Yarrick is white.

I have a soft spot for Dark Angels and Ork characters, but with most recent codices they lost most of their appeal, I specially miss Makari.

Librarian

Madness, you seem to show up in all my topics, friend! Haha, just kidding, glad someone's reading it.

Yeah, Yarrick is totally badass. Only Samuel L Jackson could play him. Or Liam Neeson.

Abbess Sanctorum

Yarrick is definitely awesome, as is 'ol Ghazzy.

Praxedes tends to be my favorite though... what she manages to do is just as over the top as what yarrick managed IMO, it's just that she gets much less press since she barely got mention after second edition except in a white dwarf article...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Sergeant

i'd have to say Mr. Gaunt of the Tanith First & Only! i'm a little biased i guess after reading the first two Gaunt's Ghost omnibus books, but he's definitely pretty cool.
    Ciaphas Cain is hilarious, but they've never actually made a model for him so does that actually count? i think I would start an IG army just for him...

also, i like Shadow Captain Shrike, and he is a character i actually use regularly in my army. now i know a lot of space marine characters are supposed to uber-pwn, but he and his squad were stuck behind enemy lines for A whole year. now i'm not sure if that's the actual length (haven't looked at his codex entry in a while), but that means they probably ended up having to do pretty bad things to survive in the shadows, ****ing up the orks whenever they could. i just like the idea of sneaky marines so much! so i take a "counts as" shrike in my army every once in a while, since i don't normally like to take special characters and my personal captain likes to get some love too. Shrike will always be my favorite though, and because of that i actually use a special character!

Shrike must be my favorite. Same reason as above really.

Chaplain

for me it would probably be the inquisitor from the nightbringer book, purely because he seemed so congenial. if he came up to me in real life, i could imagine what hed say: "so, weve got this ancient being who is solely responsible for leaving a racial memory of death in just about every race in the galaxy, we need to take him down, preferably with cyclonic torpedo's, after which we can go to this nice cafe i know. its just on the corner of bond street and avonvale road, they do REALLY good cream tea. then in the evening, i know this good bar, lets get wasted!"
    you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be to clean his shoes.

as i´m more with the bad guys, my favorite character is cypher... he is hunted by the whole dark angels chapter and their followers for about 10000 years now, fought against the deceiver, caused terror and chaos in uncountable systems and i totally like the pistoliero-theme. and he has the lion sword and will bring redemption to the dark angels and the whole imperium with it...

Chaplain

Yeah, have to be Yarrick for me too. It's cool to see an old codger kick arse and take names. The model is nice too IMO.

Brother-Captain

Having become a huge Abnett fan over the past year or so, and an IG player - Gaunt!

I may have to direct order that blister someday, just to have it.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast