BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Medusa?

Question Which Medusa?

In a quandary regarding which Medusa to take, the [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Astra_Militarum_Tanks/ARMAGEDDON-PATTERN-MEDUSA.html"]tank[/URL] or the [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Astra_Militarum_Emplacements/HEAVY_ARTILLERY_CARRIAGE_WITH_MEDUSA_SIEGE_GUN.htm l"]artillery carriage[/URL]?

The difference, other than one is T7 W4 and one is 3HP and a mobile tank, is about 50 points.

What are the forums thoughts on this?

Occuli Imperator

Artillery carriage.

It looks better

Tank:

Gun carriage:
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I believe there's only one logical choice:

Take a Medusa Self-Propelled Gun, and tow a Medusa Artillery Carriage behind it ...

Not sure if joking or not ...

Artillery Carriage is tougher, cheaper, but completely immobile. What does your army need?

Additionally, I'd recommend using MaxMini's Siege Gun rather than Forge World's artillery carriages. £71 for that model is just stupid, IMO.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

You can tow it around with a Centaur if the enemy are canny enough* to stay out of its 36" bubble, so it's not completely immobile.

*Not that every army has a choice. Even the most flash, dakka Ork army has to get most of itself within 24", so you're laughing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    You can tow it around with a Centaur if the enemy are canny enough* to stay out of its 36" bubble, so it's not completely immobile.

*Not that every army has a choice. Even the most flash, dakka Ork army has to get most of itself within 24", so you're laughing there.
    Centaurs are pretty fragile, though, and you're giving up a turn of shooting to pull that trick. :/

As opposed to giving up a turn of shooting because there's nothing in range?

I suppose, but that's a case of bad positioning more than anything.

I find that "have the ability to reposition" is a more reliable plan than "never choose a bad position."

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I find that "have the ability to reposition" is a more reliable plan than "never choose a bad position."
    I dunno, I try my best not to rely on Chimera chassis vehicles. Too fragile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast