BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Iron hands and stacking Feel no pain.

so, predicament - I take Chapter master on Bike, with Artificer Armour, Storm shield attached to Librarian with command squad and apothecary.

Apothecary gives FnP - 5+
    Iron Hanhands Chapter Tactics - 4+
    Gorgons Chain - 3+
    Clan Raukaan Warlord Trait that gives additional +1 to FnP = 2+ feel no pain roll.

or

Endurance - FnP 4+
    Iron Hanhands Chapter Tactics - FnP 3+
    Gorgons Chain - FnP 2+
    Clan Raukaan Warlord Trait that gives additional +1 to FnP = 1+ feel no pain roll

Don't overlook FNP not being classed as a save as BRB states "When a model with this special rule suffers an unsaved Wound, it can make a special Feel No Pain roll to avoid being wounded (THIS IS NOT A SAVING THROW and so can be used against attacks that state that ‘no saves of any kind are allowed’, for example those inflicted by Perils of the Warp)."

and under maximum save in BRB

"Some models gain additional benefits from rules that may increase any of their saves by +1 or +2 or even more. However, no save (Armour, cover or invulnerable) can ever be improved beyond 2+. Regardless of what is giving the model its save, a roll of 1 always fail."

now FNP is not a save and so doesn't fall under the limitations of 'Regardless of what is giving the model its save, a roll of 1 always fail.' stated under Maximum save.

bare in mind this is not something I would run, but looking for reasons why you couldn't take this.

Isnt the old Iron Hands supplement obsolete now though?

Pretty sure the old Clan Raukan stuff technically doesnt exist once the new book hits. Same as what happened to the Iyanden Book once Craftworlds dropped.

Afraid not both clan raukken and sentinels of Terra are compatible with the new codex. It states clearly on the gw website when you search for the digital edition although some entries such as planet strike and Apocalypse?? Formations are written for an older versions of the game.

Also bols and natfka have front page articles about this matter.

And this kind of bull$#!+ is why wraithguard, vortex of doom, etc. require no modification. I'm sure someone will try this, cast invisibility, and then look innocently at you as they cruise through your army with impunity.

Hit them with Strength 10, a D-Weapon or an activated force weapon and their precious save is gone, because even Eternal Warrior does not allow FNP against Instant Death weapons as it does not make you immune to it, only removes the part where you are auto-killed.

Surely theres going to be a limit though on Codex interraction though? I havent read the Supplement but im assuming they have their own units and entries with special rules. Do you really just inherit all the new rules ontop of the old ones and custom wargear?

The answer to strength 10 or D weaponry is that if it is a ranged shot it can be look out sir'ed onto the next model, a command squad member with a storm shield perhaps?

In relation to the wargear entries, walord trait and now then new chapter tatic it now simply states '+1 to feel no pain roll' stacking all the combined +1's gets you to the desired +1 or +2 fnp.

Can any one find a valid reason as to why this cannot be achieved? Apart from the obvious reason of "to not be a douche"
    Last edited by edpreston; 06-13-2015 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    Surely theres going to be a limit though on Codex interraction though? I havent read the Supplement but im assuming they have their own units and entries with special rules. Do you really just inherit all the new rules ontop of the old ones and custom wargear?
    Well the supplement simply has relics and warlord traits only as you build your army list along side the entries from the SM:codex. The rest of the supplement is fluf and a formation... So there is no reason you cannot select the war gear and warlord trait from the supplement and use the chapter tactics from the new SM:codex....

Veteran-Sergeant

I would assume TOs would just say a roll of a 1 on a FnP roll always fails. Problem solved. Same thing with anything else, such as a friendly game. No need to get your knickers in a twist over this.
    -insert epic signature-

Yeah ive had a look at it now and adjusted my own Iron Hands list accordingly as i thought the Clan Raukaan was going.

This will probably get covered by a '1 always fails' thing as suggested above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast