BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default "You got how many victory points!?"

Without having to get into too many specifics and what ifs, how possible is it for a player to regularly get over 20 victory points in any given game of 40k using the tacticle objective cards and the mealstrom of war missions?

Occuli Imperator

With malestrom missions its possible to generate objectives each turn, a number of them are capture objective X which if the person is already camped out on the objectives each turn they collect points.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Regularly? No.
    But as a rule of thumb: Fast armies that can deal a lot of damage can accumulate quite a lot... my Eldar are always around that 20 (+/- 4)

Chaplain

I have played maelstrom exclusively since 7th dropped practically weekly and have never seen a 20 point match myself. Think I managed to get 16 or 17 in a game that I had the 2 for 1 warlord trait. Hope that helps.

Brother-Sergeant

I was beating a good friend of mine 22-6. So he just tabled me. Points don't matter if you run out of models.

Chapter-Master

The largest amount of victory points by any of the 71 doubles teams at Warhammer world's Battle Brother's tournament last weekend was 88 iirc. Over 5 games = 17.6 per game.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Thank you guys. Here is a little more info. I have a player in an escalation league that is bringing in some pretty high scores. Too high.in his most recent match he scored 36 vps to 5 ,using a 1250 point list from the Craftworld Eldar Codex, and playing the 2nd mission of the maelstrom of war set. The game lasted six turns. You can only generate one mission card on turn one. Unless you roll that one warlord trait that gives you an extra one on the first turn. After that you get one for every OBJ you control at the beginning of your turn. That's an average of over 6points per turn past turn one.
    Sounds a little too good.

Just played a tournament today, my personal best was 22 victory points, and I believe one guy fielding an all jetbike and 3 Wraithknight list got 26.