BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Veteran-Sergeant

Given that our last codex release was filled with nerfs and we actually lost several units (named HQs, but still) instead of gaining them, I think it's safe to say that GW is not that interested in making Dark Eldar better.

However, on the subject of wyches:

1) make their dodge work for the entire assault phase. That at least gives them a modicum of defense against Overwatch.

2) I've come up with an alternate Wych progression (and new special rule), see what you think:

ws bs s t w i a ld points
    Wych: 5 3 3 3 1 6 1 8 10
    Hekatrix 6 4 3 3 2 6 2 9 20
    Bloodbride 6 4 3 3 2 6 2 9 18
    Syren 7 5 3 3 2 7 3 10 28

Strike Around Armour: Wyches are skilled at striking around armour. Wyches attacks are AP 6 unless they would otherwise be better. Hekatrix and bloodbrides attacks are AP 5 unless they would otherwise be better. a Syren's attacks are AP 4 unless they would otherwise be better. A Succubus's attacks are AP 3 unless they would otherwise be better.

Duelists: Wyches are masters of one-on-one combat. In a challenge, A wych or related model (Hekatrix, Bloodbride, Syren, Succubus) improves their dodge to 3++. If there is no character present in a unit of wyches or bloodbrides then any rank-and-file model may accept (but not issue) a challenge.

Master Duelist: A Succubus is among the greatest warriors in the galaxy, and when they can focus their attention on a single target the results are devastating. A Succubus gains Preferred Enemy against her opponent when fighting in a challenge.

Gear: Each Bloodbride may choose to replace her melee weapon with: a Power Sword (5 points), a Venom Blade (4 points), or an Agonizer (8 points). (in addition to standard options from Codex)

As most readers have probably worked out, this is supposed to show the progression from Wych towards Succubus and also provide a nod to their role as duelists and horde killers in the arena. Your basic Wych should have no problem getting through Gaunt or Orc armour, while even professionally made armour like that of an imperial guardsman should be no obstacle at all for veteran. Thoughts?

professionally made armour like that of an imperial guardsman
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Flack Armour can stop anything! It says so right here in my Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer! The Emperor would never lie to me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234