BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I dont use much in the way of aspect warriors. Just now trying out reapers. but large numbers of guardians on the move with a starcannon or two is powerful. Harliquens for counterpunch (they move thru cover) Dire avengers for sheer fire power. Plus i like the tanks, even the transports are better than most other races MBT's. Eldar require a litte paitence to play cant just run and get stuck in. First you tenderize the target then you select juicy bit to bite off. If a big nasty unit come at you run away. Most races will never catch you. And remeber many of your weapon have good AP and Str.
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

Librarian

S
    T
    S

Speed
    Time
    Space

Those are your weapons with Eldar. Use the Space - fill it with your Speed. Then use Time with said Speed to get to the Space you need to be in

Battle-Brother

Maugan Ra/Jain Zar, Farseer, Harlies, Fire dragons, Serpents.
    After this I look how many points I have left to spend on Dire Avengers and other troops to wipe out the leftovers.

Battle-Brother

Well everyone, been playing more and came up with a problem. Should i go Scorpions for higher str and survivability or Banshees for power weapons and strike first (usually)?

Both have done really good but only have room for one. What are your thoughts?

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike85 View Post
    Well everyone, been playing more and came up with a problem. Should i go Scorpions for higher str and survivability or Banshees for power weapons and strike first (usually)?

Both have done really good but only have room for one. What are your thoughts?
    I like to quote Majorcrash from [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=453"]my penalty box thread[/URL]. We had a short discussion about scorpions and if they are worth taken with S4 and 3+ save.
    Compared to harlies they rather get benched.
    Take harlies. They excel banshees all the time. Especially when combined with Jain Zar and a Farseer (Stupid Eldar Trick 317).

Quote Originally Posted by Majorcrash View Post
    My Eldar force is formed around 2-3 squads of guardians with added DAvengers and counterpunch of Harliquiens. Firedragons are a must. But banshees and scorpions are few in number and only good for one hit and then mowed down. at thier cost i would rather have another large unit of guardians or some vehicles. I am currently trying out reapers but havent made up my mind. The wraithguard are just to pricey even though i like them. and the wraithlord, is not as good buy as a Fprism or a falcon. Plus I think of the wraithlord as more of a theme unit. (just me). warwalkers are a must with a farseer to assist.

Try type "truth necrons" into google. The first entry is imo very useful
    Clever way to beat the BOLS filter...I like it.

Harlequins have uses in an all foot slogging army but if you plan to have a mixed mechanized or full mechanized they are out performed by scorpions and banshees. Overall I banshees and scorpions do the same job harlequins do but for less points. Banshees are great at fighting power armoured armies while scorpions excel at fighting horde armies but still perform against power armour with reasonable success. The real key to these units is supporting them with a farseer that has doom and fortune.

I'll add that numbers matter when you have the Initiative advantage. To give an example, take five striking scorpions including an exarch with chainsabres (not necessarily the best set-up for what's about to follow, but bear with me; I'm deliberately outfitting them poorly for what follows). Have them charge ten Chaos space marines including a champion with a power fist (not the easiest thing in the world to do, but doable with a wave serpent, and again, I'm making a point).

Those five scorpions expect to kill 4 CSM. The surviving six CSM kill 2 striking scorpions, leaving two scorpions and the exarch to face six CSM assuming the CSM don't run (roughly 72% chance to stand their ground absent other factors). Even if the scorpions win, that unit is done.

Now take ten scorpions including an exarch with chainsabres and have them charge the ten Chaos space marines. The scorpions expect to kill 8 CSM and lose one of their own. Big difference. Having the Initiative advantage in close combat allows you to punch out whole enemy units with relative impunity if you're willing to invest in the numbers to do so.

Battle-Brother

thanks i will defiantly look at the harlequins.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike85 View Post
    thanks i will defiantly look at the harlequins.
    Some advices. You should take:
    Kisses
    2x fusion pistols
    Shadowseer

Troupe Master and Death Jester are not a must. Personally I like the troupe master.
    As mentioned before Jain Zar or Maugan Ra and/or a Farseer are a powerful addition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast