BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Gooball View Post
    < Also SoB are always referred to as guardsmen in power armour at my local store..>?
    That's because your local store is full of morons :P The closest one could argue are Stormtroopers, but even then Sisters are quite dramatically different from STormtroopers even without the equipment differences.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veterans+power armour=Sisters
    See we do tings different, we either talk about the game, or about fluff. not both

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Gooball View Post
    Veterans+power armour=Sisters
    No. Both in fluff, and in game.

eidt: Before you ask?

Acts of Faith.

Furthermore, you're comparing the basic, inexperienced Sisters to the most veteran units the Guard can produce. Veteran Sisters only get better from there, rivaling Marines in skill or even exceeding them in some places (Seraphim).
    Last edited by Melissia; 04-14-2010 at 04:40 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Sisters are highly trained before they are even sent out onto the field so pretty much all of them are veterans, guardsmen are given slightly more than "Pointy end to enemy, pull trigger, die" Besides orders are almost as good as sister acts of faith,
    In fluff ofc they're different..
    Space marines fluff wise would eat Sisters, can't be denied, and Seraphim are only better than standard issue rank and file marines, assault marines can probably do better than them, though the AoF may swing it (but you only get like 4ish of them a game)
    In game they have the same statline (mabye different LD a friend borrowed my book) with armour being the difference, and bolters of course. (It's stupid, 105 points for a squad of veterans with lasguns and a 4+ armour or 120ish points for a squad of sisters with power armour and bolters, i can see points going up to about 15-16 in the new codex)

Abbess Sanctorum

The Daughters of the Emperor held back an assault by the Black Templars BEFORE they became the Sisters of Battle, for months at the very least. It only ended when the leader of the Adeptus Custodes convinced Alicia Dominica that Goge Vandire was a traitor. These women were inexperienced in war, and though they had great martial skill they were fighting against Marines whom, even amongst Marines, have a penchant for constant warfare.

Battle-Brother

So if you played Ironman and died...

as an eldar could you come back as a wraithguard?
    Rangerrob

I don't mean to be funny, but this sounds EXACTLY like Warhammer (Fantasy) Online and that was a fail of a game.

Abbess Sanctorum

It might have failed financially, but it was still one of the best MMOs out there.

Lots of good games don't make it financially . Lost of bad games (WoW) do.

It was good till Tier 4, then it became a joke, I don't know if they changed the game play from when I played it about a year ago, but it failed so miserably hard. The grind to 40 was painful, then you got to 40 and you were all like "now what". The sieges were all broken, lag was insanely bad due to mechanics and the game was always about the kits and less about the pvp/rvr.

I just kept rerolling chars after that and playing in Tier 2/Tier 3 until I got bored of that.

Maybe having more than 2 factions will help things, but it probably won't. I'll give this game a skip, pity though.

I would like a hero-class and powerful SM more than a simple playable SM race that has the same combat abilities as a normal Guardsman.

Having normal humans like Guardsmen, Priest, Techpriest, Psyker, Inquisitorial Agent would be nice, with SM as a powerful hero unit.

Same applies to Sisters to a smaller degree (Power armour or the lack of it is still a very great concern.)
    Perhaps Guardsmen will have powerful support abilities like calling in Artillery.

Same could be done for Chaos.

Or perhaps they will simply ignore background, with SM being warrior, IG being hunter, Sister being priest etc etc.

Or perhaps it will just be normal humans. No power armour or genetics.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast