BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

maybe they will take the upgrade / branching path for the races.

All imperium start as a guardsman...then at level 10 can branch off to the marine / sister / inquisitor tree.

Marine scout lvl 11-20, tactical 21-30, terminator 30 + ...something like that.
    Rangerrob

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    It might have failed financially, but it was still one of the best MMOs out there.

Lots of good games don't make it financially . Lost of bad games (WoW) do.
    WoW is worse than warhammer online how exactly? i have played both (and guild wars) and WoW may not have better graphics but it is still the most immersive game i have ever played.. with near endless amount of playtime and new patches coming roughly every three months there is always something to do.. warhammer online community sucked pretty much, was not half as easy as it was in WoW to get groups, organise guilds and so on.
    Anyhow as much as you want to deny it..
    Ws 3 Bs 4 str 3 t3 w1 I3 Ld 8 Sv 3+.. thats the statline of a veteran guardsmen in power armour.. and of a sister.. in game they have the same statline
    And fluff wise the space marines could probably wipe them out if they felt inclined (which they never will.)
    Personally i hope space marines never make it into the game cos of all the 8 year old kiddies jumping the bandwagon on *oh i am super kewll luk at me pwr armr)
    Ofc that's if i even get the game >.> Thinking of WoW i might renew subscription later

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Gooball View Post
    WoW is worse than warhammer online how exactly?
    Because I had less fun playing it. In fact WoW bored me out of my mind. It wasn't immersive at all. I got lost playing Warhammer Online, playing an Ork Choppa, I loved it. I only stopped because I just didn't have the money to continue.

Ws 3 Bs 4 str 3 t3 w1 I3 Ld 8 Sv 3+.. thats the statline of a veteran guardsmen in power armour.. and of a sister.. in game they have the same statline
    No it isn't. Statlines are not JUST the stats of the unit, but also the rule associated with them. Guardsmen also have Orders associated with them, for example; only Guardsmen can receive Orders. Sisters of Battle have Acts of Faith associated with them, and only Sisters of Battle can use Acts of Faith. (Loyalist) Marines have ATSKNF associated with them. Orks have Mob Rule associated with them. An Ork without Mob Rule is kinda laughable, yes? And so on and so forth. And, by the way, this is ONLY for the basic Battle Sisters. Celestians and Seraphim rival Space Marines in their stats.

And fluff wise the space marines could probably wipe them out if they felt inclined (which they never will.)
    Back in Rogue Trader era, the Sisters of Battle hunted down any chapter that was proving to be disloyal . They destroyed entire Space Marine chapters.

Even after Rogue Trader, the Sisters of Battle can stand against Space Marines and win, as I posted before-- the Daughters of the Emperor, BEFORE they became the Sisters of Battle and thus before they as an organization obtained experience in the art of war (they were martial artists without peer, but they had not participated in a true battle before that time) fought off repeated attacks by Space Marines.

You don't know either faction very well.
    Last edited by Melissia; 04-17-2010 at 10:46 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Just because YOU had less fun playing warhammer online than WoW doesn't mean it was any better
    Space marines do not equal chapters.. chapters equal space marines..
    You just proved my point even more i guess? Seraphim=assault marines and celestians i dunno cos im tired and can't think
    Sisters more than likely outnumber space marines and since they're part of the eleca-thingy (I HATE spelling that damn church thing) so they were probably better supplied and armed than the space marines, who wouldn't be getting any help from imperial guard if they weren't actually against them. but if space marines ever did combine forces again with the legions reforming sisters wouldn't stand a chance. Though there may be more of them, they are finite unlike IG
    And then orks win again

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Gooball View Post
    Just because YOU had less fun playing warhammer online than WoW doesn't mean it was any better
    Yes it does. That's the only way for me to truly measure a game.
    i dunno cos im tired and can't think
    I can tell.
    but if space marines ever did combine forces]
    And if the Emperor came back he would eat lightning and **** out lascannons every morning, and so the entire Imperial Guard would soon be equipped with man portable lascannons. And when he belched,entire Exorcist tanks would come out, and so the Sisters would always be trying to get him to drink specially created soda. And the Dark Angels would still be emo.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Just throwing my two cents in here. There's something I noticed after I played WoW and then went and played Warcraft 3, and thats that ALOT of the structure for the mmo was simply taken from the RTS and expanded to a much MUCH bigger proportion. Now for anyone who has played DoW2, you can see the equipment, leveling system, and mission selection can be placed into an mmo scale with a few tweeks here and there. Aside from that, the multiplayer option has you choose a specific unit that stands out amongst the rest. If you look at the jobs available you can kinda see that those jobs can be placed into an mmo setting, again with a few tweeks here and there. I was just thinking that they can do like wow did with warcraft and somewhat just, "copy", thier basic game structure ideas and mabe have a decent game?

Librarian

Well, as long as I can work my way up to a grizzled, badass Colonel ala Straken, Kilgore, or Quaritch (only one of the examples is from 40k; I'm going with badass Colonels) I'll be good.

Guard all the way for me, to hell with them Astartes with their power armor, bolters, and flyin' machines...

Grand Provost Marshal

...the Sisters of Battle can stand against Space Marines and win, as I posted before-- the Daughters of the Emperor, BEFORE they became the Sisters of Battle...
    Not that I'm disagreeing, but weren't they defending the Imperial (or was it the Ecclesiarchal) Palace? It's quite a defensible place, and probably accounted for a great deal of the success against the Black Templars (and Imperial Fists, Fire Hawks, and Soul Drinkers). Further, the Daughters weren't the only ones there. The fluff is a bit imprecise (as it usually is), but judging from other sources, there would be any number of additional forces present at the Imperial Palace (including Imperial Guard, Adeptus Arbites, Frateris Militia, etc.), especially once Navarre & co. breached the outer walls.

I do agree with your initial assertion, though, that the difference in IG Vets and Sisters is vast.
    Even =I= Stormtroopers and Adeptus Arbites (both also raised in Schola Progenium facilities) are different, even with Powered Armor. They each have different roles, different specialties, and different capabilities.

Abbess Sanctorum

According to the Sisters fluff, most of Vandire's forces had deserted him except for the Daughters of the Emperor. And I'm talking about months AFTER the breach, where hand to hand fighting was involved.
    Last edited by Melissia; 04-28-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Grand Provost Marshal

According to the Sisters fluff, most of Vandire's forces had deserted him except for the Daughters of the Emperor. And I'm talking about months AFTER the breach, where hand to hand fighting was involved.
    Ah, ok. But then, that is also the Sisters' fluff.
    I guess I'm mainly thinking about the defenders of the Imperial Palace as defined elsewhere. Namely, the Adeptus Custodes (Inner Palace) and Adeptus Arbites (Outer Palace), not to mention Vandire certainly still had *some* other forces (I'm mainly thinking irregular forces, as the head of the Ecclesiarchy).

Time to go read up on the Age of Apostasy!
    Last edited by Faultie; 04-28-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast