BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default codex:inquistion

To me one thing that really epitomises the grimdark is the strange and varied citizens of the imperium, and the one place to go for that would be the inquisition and its warbands. There have been alot of excellent models removed over the last few years.
    I really think that the inquisition could be great for the tabletop and it really needs a major overhaul to do that. I know others need it as well but they really need a full rework to become a force in their own right.
    How could they possibly do an amazing plastic warband though? What sort of sets would you like to see if they really went whole hog with them? Andv is it even viable
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw9JxLyKr0MUfmpnenJ1ck9ja0J4RmE0bXF ZeFBkaEFTUFBnVzA2U09IT2o0MmhlZGtiMXM&usp=sharing

I don't know if we'd ever see it, but I'd love to see an Inquisiton force along the lines of the Lost and the Damned as presented in IA:13.

So much variety, and a modellers dream. Make it Battle Brothers with other Imperial factions, and you're about good to go - lots of variety, allowing pretty much everyone to field the Inquisition as they see them.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

That's a great point! Would they be better served by forgeworld?
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw9JxLyKr0MUfmpnenJ1ck9ja0J4RmE0bXF ZeFBkaEFTUFBnVzA2U09IT2o0MmhlZGtiMXM&usp=sharing

Veteran-Sergeant

Let's see... Inquisitorial storm troopers would be a must. Daemonhosts, of course. Maybe rules based on their order (Favored enemy against Xenos or Chaos, for instance)
    I'd like to see them have access to dark age of technology gear, in limited quantities.

Banned

I'm gonna have to disagree. IMO I don't think Inquisition belong in the 40k game at all. Now don't get me wrong. In the universe the Inquisition are perfect and really are responsible in no small way for the grim dark and overall vibe of the Imperium. But I don't see the Inquisition being involved in large scale combat operations. Unless an Ordo Malleus has no choice other than to confront a daemon prince on the field of battle, one on one, I don't see it happening.

The inquisitorial rosette carries with it the power to mobilise an entire regiment of guard, or requisition even a rogue trader's fleet by Imperial decree. Not to mention the fact that they can call in the Grey Knights, Adeptus Sororitas or the Deathwatch as the need arises.

For me, Inquisitors are always moving behind the scenes, getting their hands dirty, yes, but not on the battlefield. Rather the Inquisitor would order the guard and grey Knights to assault the daemon stronghold to distract their attentions while he and a crack team move in from behind to confront the Big Bad personally and "cut off the head" so to speak.

That said; I think an MPPK akin to Wyrd's through the breach is in order. It has enough pieces to make 11 individual characters with varying degrees of mutation, monastic to steampunk aesthetics and a treasure trove of weaponry. And it comes in Male and Female (this is imperative as women are always portrayed in the Inquisition's fluff both as inquisitors and as cronies). Forge world already makes some stunning Inquisitor models, but again, an MPPK with options for male, female, lightly armoured, power armoured, rogue and dogmatic as well as the three branches with a choice of wild and wonderful weapons that no one has ever seen before would be awesome!

I guess from there you can hassle your buddies for left over kroot and daemonettes to add to your warband as you require.

Good points there, I always think of a 40k game as one of several things; skimish, large battle or most usually a flash point of a larger battle going on where the important breakthrough is made. And that's where I think that smaller forces like the inquisition still have a place.

Banned

True! I completely forgot about Killteam and other smaller formats.

Personally, I like the fact there are no models. Means there's still an army where I can convert whatever the hell I like with impunity.

Plastic models would be nice and all, but I do like the fact there's an official list and no models.

Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 06-22-2015 at 02:40 AM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Manton View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree. IMO I don't think Inquisition belong in the 40k game at all. Now don't get me wrong. In the universe the Inquisition are perfect and really are responsible in no small way for the grim dark and overall vibe of the Imperium. But I don't see the Inquisition being involved in large scale combat operations. Unless an Ordo Malleus has no choice other than to confront a daemon prince on the field of battle, one on one, I don't see it happening.
    I'm going to have to disagree with your disagree. If you read the 2 finest (in my opinion) BL Inquisition Arcs, specifically Eisenhorn and Draco, at least half (and possibly more I can't remember) of the firefights involving the eponymous characters are small skirmish level affairs that would reflect a 40K game numbers wise. Actually one of Draco's opposition is Harq Obispal (sp?) a Malleus Inquisitor who gets off on comandeering imperial forces. Draco prefers the subtle stuff.

Now LM says 'large scale combat operations' but I don't think even 3000pts on the table is particularly large scale - there is a clear difference between the fluff and the fact you can get a full company of marines on the table at that point scale.

Because of unbound you can recreate a decent inquisitor warband. Hell you can even do a 2nd-ed style 'armies of the imperium' with a little bit of everything - GK, SM, IG, AdM, AS, OA. You could also use this to reflect a Rogue Trader warband or even Sensei/Illuminati.

I even reckon with enough points, I could do one or most of these in a bound army with multiple CADs.

This is a modellers dream and a fluff purist's dream - my only stop is I won't buy e-codexes so until it is hard copy no show from me.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I think that's the big draw of the Inquisition - it can be pretty much anything.

In the background, other than 'do as the man with the seal says, or you're dead' there is no set Inquisitorial approach. Which is entirely fitting.

Some prefer to work in the shadows, and this is shown off beautifully in Blanchitsu. A handful of heavily converted models representing an Inquisitor and his best psychopaths.

Others have a much longer reach and grander plans - Inquisitor Coteaz for example.

A list in the style of IA:13 would help to cover this, as it would allow you to build anything from an army of Stormtrooper equivalents right down 'I've mobilised the entire Hive population. Don't ask how. Just know that I did'.

It would either be the most radical departure in Codex writing we've seen so far, or better served by Forgeworld. But I'd love to see it.

Down with uniformity! Do as the nice man with the seal says! And I don't mean Adamski in the early 90's! It's not that sort of seal. Or that. That's a sea going mammal. Put it back where you found it!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast