BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I really like that codex haighus! Well done (if you did it)

For converting I was looking at this set to convert I to desthcult assassins and crusaders with some of the old storm shields I have laying around. I was going to use em for both my inq and my sisters. I should really get around to that.... [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Sisters-of-Avelorn[/url]

Thanks I did, although most of it is adapted from the actual Codex, I just modded it to be, in my opinion, more fluffy. I realise I didn't finish it though- missed off points costs for Inquisitors for example! (needs working out though, because 25pts is too expensive when they only come with a CCW basic) Some things need modifying too- no more Psy-munitions, and there is probably some more Imperial tech I can add to it now.

Was also wondering about Xenos tech- how hard would it be for an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor to get a pulse weapon, or some Haywire grenades, or a Shuriken pistol perhaps...
    Last edited by Haighus; 06-22-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Brother-Sergeant

Personally, I think the current codex pretty much nails the idea of the Inquisition on the head.
    You have a normal army "requisitioned" by an Inquisitor and his entourage. The Inquisition doesn't really have it's own standing army, if they aren't sending their Ordo's Chamber Militant, then they just show up to a General and say "right, you guys work for me until we solve this". I like that.

Right now I'm playing in an Apocalypse campaign as Astra Militarum, with a single Inquisitor allied in (with maybe a warband, squad of Deathwatch, or Grey Knights depending on Ordo) to represent the Inquisition agents taking command of the forces in play and trying to get their mission done.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Plastic models would be nice and all, but I do like the fact there's an official list and no models.
    But every single thing in the current Codex DOES have an official model. The only thing that can be argued about are "acolytes" from the Henchmen Warband. Mostly because their weapon options are crazy varied, so the one "warrior acolyte" model is kind of lame, but you can use anything from a Guardsman to an Arbite, to a Sister.
    Last edited by Ezaviel; 06-22-2015 at 05:59 PM. Reason: need more sleep.
    - Ezaviel
    Laudate imperatorem.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Thanks I did, although most of it is adapted from the actual Codex, I just modded it to be, in my opinion, more fluffy. I realise I didn't finish it though- missed off points costs for Inquisitors for example! (needs working out though, because 25pts is too expensive when they only come with a CCW basic) Some things need modifying too- no more Psy-munitions, and there is probably some more Imperial tech I can add to it now.

Was also wondering about Xenos tech- how hard would it be for an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor to get a pulse weapon, or some Haywire grenades, or a Shuriken pistol perhaps...
    Ive often thought about this too, theres rules for a captured daemon blade (even for icons with my favorite offbrand SM: Relictors) but somehow it just never happened in the rulewritting, some would argue that only the most radical inquisitors would take such a weapon and use it, near heresy in the eyes of most, if not completely so in the eyes of others...

but that grey area too is kind of neglected by GW so far, some solid radical/lost/damned inquisitorial rules would be too cool. I have run twice now (mostly to filll out points properly) a basic inquisitor with a whole mess of daemonhosts (actually reaper bones spirits/ghosts) and attatched this to a chaos force. when i have more money and time, I kind of do kind of want to expand that idea and fill out all three warbands with just daemonhosts just maybe to tack in for apocalypse battles. In this respect im not too worried about waiting around for GWs rules as I probably wouldnt roll something like that out in a competetive situation

Well, they have the Daemon blade and Hellrifle for Malleus, and the Ulumeathi Plasma Syphon and Scythian venom talon for Xenos already, as well as Jokaero and Daemonhosts as you mentioned, so they do have some radical stuff already. Also the Psilencer is supposedly based on xenos tech, but then the Grey Knights are super pragmatic in their outlook compared to most of the IoM. I'm just surprised there isn't a bit more common Xenos tech than some obscure items from races only mentioned in the fluff.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

You know, I'm halfway tempted to download the Inquisition Codex, and then break out IA:13 and come up with a slightly bonkers, 2,000% unplaytested mishmash.

And yes, including Xenos Tech.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    You know, I'm halfway tempted to download the Inquisition Codex, and then break out IA:13 and come up with a slightly bonkers, 2,000% unplaytested mishmash.

And yes, including Xenos Tech.

That is a brilliant idea
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw9JxLyKr0MUfmpnenJ1ck9ja0J4RmE0bXF ZeFBkaEFTUFBnVzA2U09IT2o0MmhlZGtiMXM&usp=sharing

Points would be way off, and in the case of Xeno/Daemon/Heretek, largely made up to 'feel about right'.

Just procured the Inquisition Codex now.

Expect first results in about twelfty years, as I'm easily distracted.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Having looked through the Inquisition Codex, this may be a lot simpler than I first thought.....

Just need to come up with toy lists for different Inquisitorial Approaches - Radical, Pragmatist and Puritan. Beyond that it doesn't really matter what I put in the list, as I intend it to be little more than a fan service compiling together existing units from across different books.

Me? I kind of like a Radical Inquisitor who has taken over a Chaos Cult, and lead it into open revolt in order to see it extinguished forever, so may yet keep in things like dedications to Gods etc.

Xenos Hirelings etc could take a bit more time, as I don't see Firecaste freely allying, unless a 'gift' from an Ethereal.

Librarian

I always liked the weird narrative of the inquisitor and a small retinue having to conscript the werider local imperial forces, maybe he crashlands on Ornsworld and has to put together en entirely abhuman force, maybe he arrives on a destroyed crone world only to find the only remaining "friendly" inhabitants are somewhat intelligent beastmen...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast