BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

What do you have? I know you said daemons and tyranids, but if you could be a little more specific about what you have/use, we might be able to help better.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
    Unless I misunderstood the formation rules, only the nominated librarian may cast, the others forfeit the ability for the turn, yes? That establishes who gets shot at first.
    The wording is weird on this one because it states that the other librarians cannot manifest their powers until the end of the phase. That tells me that they are still allowed to cast powers but that the big bad libby must do so first. It doesn't say that the other librarians cannot manifest their powers for the rest of this phase.
    In my area, we rule it to mean that the big guy just has to go first.

Chaplain

Exocrines with their ap2 blast make mince meat outta marines. As nids u could also stack on some warp charge units to hopefully help against the powers. Gaunts can bubble wrap important units to help tie uo the first turn assaulters. Just a few ideas off top of my head.

Assault from DS relentless & pinning Dev's isn't in the main Codex or any supplement you can buy

Any copy he has of the formation is going to be a pirated JPEG scan so its up to the gaming group & individual as to weather you accept it as valid.

As for Psyker Conclave just get the anti Psyker Assassin and put him in a Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post
    Assault from DS relentless & pinning Dev's isn't in the main Codex or any supplement you can buy

Any copy he has of the formation is going to be a pirated JPEG scan so its up to the gaming group & individual as to weather you accept it as valid.

As for Psyker Conclave just get the anti Psyker Assassin and put him in a Rhino
    Already in my list but i picked a Drop Pod . Just his presence alone nullifies most of their abilities, as well as any buffs/debuffs they managed to cast before he stole all their dice and then he gets to try cause free Perils tests. Sounds fun to me.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would suggest snipers to pick out the Librarians. However, as far as I know neither Chaos nor 'Nids get anything with precision shooting

I faced that for the first time this weekend. 8k apocalypse game. I didn't find an invisible reaver Titan too funny for 2 turns in a row. By the third turn, I managed to get a revenant over there, and killed the Libby's.

Brother-Captain

Yeah, just shoot them. You might have to use a turn or two of shooting to get it done, but it's easy once you start putting 10+ wounds on them (even normal armour saves).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

A skyswarm tyrant might do the trick

swarm em with the gargoyles and get the tyrant into combat?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

As a guy who fields a librarian conclave (on bikes), I can tell you the most effective way to beat them is in hand to hand. I can't psychic shriek in hand to hand or cast any other witchfires, jink, or really support the rest of my army because they are fighting for their own lives.

One of my regular opponents tries to take strategic warlord traits to get infiltrating units and then his whole army tries to nuke the conclave first and foremost.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12