BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Deadzone: Last Flight of the Salerno

Firstly let me start off by saying there is a disturbing lack of Mantic/Deadzone stuff on here, and we need to change that. To that end I thought I would document my work with my Deadzone items, which will hopefully have the added effect of keeping me going so I can finally get these guys done.

Now we all want something different and though the particular plastic used by Mantic can make that difficult, but I've done a few minor alterations, usually giving them unique bases or adding special effects to the weapons.

The only 'major' change to the normal units is with my leader. Instead of the usual fem-sniper I've kitbashed her and a corporation general to create a unique character. The old leader model I've decided to use as a stand in for a medic as I wasn't able to geta Judwan when I picked these up.

Lastly I'm one of those gamers that plays games for the narrative. To use a phrase coined by Warren of Beasts of War, I like to 'Game in the Gaps'. So let me introduce the first member of my crew and our story.

P.S. Comments and Criticism welcome, but please keep it constructive.

Default Captain Bernard Montgomery

Captain Bernard Montgomery

Capt. Montgomery served in the Corporation military for several decades, keeping the peace and protecting the stability of the galaxy. A competent commander, he was thrice decorated for valor in combat, the last of which came during the Rebellion.

He was part of a corporation force stationed on the planet Salerno when Rebellion forces descended upon it to take the fuel refineries for their own. Though they were outnumbered Montgomery managed several decisive victories against the rebel forces and manged to hold out until Enforcers were able to make planetfall. The rebel forces were then systematically eradicated by the Enforcers.

Though he was decorated for his part in the battle the brutality he had witnessed during the fighting never sat well with him and he began to second guess wither the 'lies' the rebels were spreading about the Corporation were true. Even as the rebellion was brought to an end, he resigned his commission and left for the outer systems. Unfortunately for him several of his subordinates decided to go with him.

The corporation did not look kindly on this, nor the fact that they 'borrowed' an aged gunship when they left...