BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default with all these "conclaves" would culexus assassins be a decent pick?

I'm just wondering with the popularity warrants the use of one if possible. I personally don't like massive psychic formations so i'm trying to find a workaround

why wont the title edit lol
    Last edited by eosgreen; 06-26-2015 at 06:13 AM.

With Eldar, Marines and now Dark Angels having a conclave/council kind of thing going on, and with Chaos rumoured next, the Culexus could be a hell of good call going forward. Tyranids too always have a Psyker or 2, infact theres only Necron and Tau that would make one a little pointless (though its still a decent threat on its own)

Ive been looking at the Vindicare but yea, that Culexus is REALLY good if you know you're up against Psykers, especially if you dont run them yourself. Gonna be hard to squeeze one into any of my 1850 lists if im honest but whenever i jump up to 2k its an easy choice to fill those points i think.
    Last edited by Sonikgav; 06-25-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    With Eldar, Marines and now Dark Angels having a conclave/council kind of thing going on, and with Chaos rumoured next, the Culexus could be a hell of good call going forward. Tyranids too always have a Psyker or 2, infact theres only Necron and Tau that would make one a little pointless (though its still a decent threat on its own)

Ive been looking at the Vindicare but yea, that Culexus is REALLY good if you know you're up against Psykers, especially if you dont run them yourself. Gonna be hard to squeeze one into any of my 1850 lists if im honest but whenever i jump up to 2k its an easy choice to fill those points i think.
    yeh i was thinking nids have them and space marines/eldar are pretty common. it has a great ability to "avoid being shot" which is nice and didn't i read about how the etherals of tau are "mind controlling" the other casts? wonder if they will get some powers soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
    yeh i was thinking nids have them and space marines/eldar are pretty common. it has a great ability to "avoid being shot" which is nice and didn't i read about how the etherals of tau are "mind controlling" the other casts? wonder if they will get some powers soon too.
    Established fluff has Ethereals doing it through pheromones unfortunately for the Culexus, doubt they will use the Pysker rules.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

One of the foundations of the Tau was that they're actually Psychic Blanks. Not to the level of Pariahs but they don't project enough Warp presence to even be aware of the Warp never mind harnessing it. That's why they also don't use any form of Warp Travel. They invented Sub-light engines to get around that but their territory is relatively small.

At worst the Ethereals are just really inspiring on a spiritual level, but as suggested i believe they do use the Pheremone idea.

Lets be fair though, just because they dont have Psykers, i have no problem charging a Culexus at a unit of Fire Warriors, or firing the Animus at Battlesuits.

At worst the Ethereals are just really inspiring on a spiritual level, but as suggested i believe they do use the Pheremone idea.
    Xenology (a fluff book released by BL a few years back) basically all but states that Ethereals were engineered by the Eldar by combining pheromone glands from a xenos species that is basically an interplanetary swarm of ants, and the primitive Tau, and that kickstarted their rapid development. No idea why the Eldar did it other than apparently they wanted to create a "Chaos-proof" race. With Tau being psychically inert that is fairly accurate.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

now all i gota know is if DA can take assassins....

Yes. Yes, they can.

Any army can take an Officio Assassinorum Detachment, and any Army of the Imperium is Battle-Brothers with it.

Better yet, the Officio Assassinorum detachment requirements dont involve Troops, HQ Inquisitors or anything it is literally 'Mandatory = 1 Elite'

Im taking mine with a drop pod borrowed from my CAD for a first turn drop alongside my Skyhammer . I feel mean!

Better yet, the Officio Assassinorum detachment requirements dont involve Troops, HQ Inquisitors or anything it is literally 'Mandatory = 1 Elite'

Im taking mine with a drop pod borrowed from my CAD for a first turn drop alongside my Skyhammer . I feel mean!
    interesting... could i then take one and then deathwing termies like you're doing?
    Last edited by eosgreen; 06-26-2015 at 06:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast