BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Might sound cheesy, but the whole "experience" of building this thing is far above everything FW produced in the past. And nice packaging also fits right in there. They continue what they started with the Horus Heresy Character Series, which also come in a very nice box where the unboxing itself gives the kit some kind of "worthiness" or however one would say that. Not like in the past "here's a bunch of plastic bags with stuff, here is a bad picture of how it should look in the end...good luck"

To be honest, I never spent any thought about building a second Warhound for example. It simply was not fun. I haven't event finished the Imperial Marauder bomber yet (since about six years), because after greenstuffing here and there and over there because NOTHING fit, I built other things which were more fun.

The Warlord? I'd build another one any time if I could. It's kinda like comparing the Forge World Baneblade (wouldn't build another one if somebody would pay me for it) to the GW plastic Baneblade.

Is there anything particularly fiddly? Like tiny pipes and that?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Well, when you're charging $2000 for a model, you should at least try to make sure it arrives in decent condition and the person can have a clue how to assemble the 500 pieces, especially as doing those things doesn't cost them much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Is there anything particularly fiddly? Like tiny pipes and that?
    Small fiddly, no. The feet are a dream after the Reaver and Warhound. No leg pistons. Hip pistons are easier than the reaver, on par with the warhound. The only problem area is the torso. It is so large and made up of 10 parts coming together to form the body that all have to fit correctly together. I'm still working on test fitting it before I get around to attaching parts together for real.

The thing goes together rather intuitively. And most detail bits are molded onto larger sections of the model, rather than being separate cables or pistons you have to fit and attach.

I have built the whole titan spare the shields (painting it currently)

As MajorWesJanson said, don't mind the legs...a dream to build. The upper torso - to my experience - has one single cause for problems. You basically build two walls left and right, consisting of two very large pieces, one on top each other. The front - where the head is - is also one piece. All of this fits together perfectly. The back consists of three pieces. The lower piece where the "door" to the walkway is, and the piece above you have to glue together. It is basically the only piece in the whole kit which doesn't "guide you" 100% on how to glue it. This might case a millimetre here or there (sorry, metric system in my country). On top of that whole thing goes a large, slightly round piece beeing the upper carapace. On top of that, two other large slightly round/bend pieces go, the structure where the shield emitters sit. To make it more complacited (and even harder to explain), this part has to perfectly join another part on each end of its curved shape, beeing the intake in front, and the exhaust on the back. This whole construction was the only piece on my whole kit where slight errors in fitting added up, and the pieces itself not beeing at exactly the same angle added up. So I chose to put the one missing millimetre (it wasn't more, over such a large surface) to the front, where it can be easily green stuffed, and nobody will ever see it.

Seriously, from the whole kit, every single piece, I only had this discrepancy of about 1mm for all the large, curved pieces of the upper torso adding up.

In my book, that's ace for a resin model, where the parts are of that scale AND about fifteen of them all beeing curved have to fit together.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345