BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Pre-Order: check
    Smoke Emmiter ordered: check (for the top exhausts)
    Ultra-bright LEDs ordered: check (to give it a "Terminator Hunter Killer Tank" look, with the searchlight emitting under the carapace)

Saved so long for this thing (and actually - with every single order at Forge World - wrote "Warlord Titan" when beeing asked what they should produce...for a couple years actually)

Now I'm broke, but in a couple of months, I have a smoking Warlord Titan. That has to be good for something

Lung cancer?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Bought.

Will go well with my titans that turned up last week,
    Warhound
    Reaver
    3 cerastas (1 of each)
    4 paladin/warden kits
    2 Questoris
    Phantom
    Revanant

Does this qualify as a mid life crisis?

I think it does!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

What should I say?

Three Warhounds (1x Armorcast, 2x FW)
    Three Reavers (1x Armorcast, 2x FW (one Chaos, one converted to Chaos)
    One Warlord (from Titan Manufactorum)
    Two Phantoms (1x Armorcast, 1x FW)

and now another Warlord

And since my 3D Printer arrived today, I will take a VERY close look while building the Warlord of it aint possible to use it as a base for an Imperator and print the needes parts in 3D. After all, an Imperator is not that much bigger than a Warlord when it comes to height of Head / Shoulders etc., so maybe it could work as a basis, with modified legs, head, arm weapons and of course shoulder built. Thinking about it...it's cool that they sell the basic Warlord even without head

But one Titan after another...

PS: collected over nearly twenty years

Chapter-Master

I've been up and over the titan craze mountain.

Looking to divest now.

Still think that the FW warlord is too small but alas...
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

All you people buying Warlords... I'm going to have to step up my game.

IT'S MEGA GARGANT TIME!

*snaps welding goggles dramatically* Ow!

Eh... I won't deny it's a really nice looking thing... but I can't see dropping nearly $2000 for it. That's a ridiculous amount of money I could use for a lot of other stuff, including entire armies to play multiple different games, or even two more armies for a GW game, or buy a new console and all the good games and still have money left over, etc. I can't see a time I'd ever play with one, since I barely get in Apoc matches, and it's going to be a pain to transport and all. And I'm also uncomfortable with its rules. I just don't do well with dropping tons of cash on shelf models.

Does make me nostalgic for Space Marine/Titan Legions, though. Bring that back and I'll get a bunch of Titans!

At least given that Orks are my top army, I can ignore GW's refusal to make a Gargant and just build my own from all kinds of scrap, pretty cheaply. Only problem will be making a proper set of rules and getting people to agree to let me use it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Eh... I won't deny it's a really nice looking thing... but I can't see dropping nearly $2000 for it. That's a ridiculous amount of money I could use for a lot of other stuff, including entire armies to play multiple different games, or even two more armies for a GW game, or buy a new console and all the good games and still have money left over, etc. I can't see a time I'd ever play with one, since I barely get in Apoc matches, and it's going to be a pain to transport and all. And I'm also uncomfortable with its rules. I just don't do well with dropping tons of cash on shelf models.

Does make me nostalgic for Space Marine/Titan Legions, though. Bring that back and I'll get a bunch of Titans!

At least given that Orks are my top army, I can ignore GW's refusal to make a Gargant and just build my own from all kinds of scrap, pretty cheaply. Only problem will be making a proper set of rules and getting people to agree to let me use it.
    I miss Epic too, Erik. Was actually my fave GW game too.

Yeah, it's cool but I would never spend that much money on a single model - but each to their own. I would spend that much money on other equally ridiculous things so i'm not one to judge
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast