BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Steam reviews can be hilarious.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Yup. My favourites are the ones that are all 'This game is TERRIBLE, it is the cause of all EVIL in SOCIETY! Avoid at all COSTS!' and you see how much the person has played and its like 423hours.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Sunk weeks into building perfect society, then everyone died of dysentery in ten minutes. 10/10 GOTY

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banished!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Youtube reviewers do tend to have a Cult of Personality thing going on. I tend to find reviewers with roughly similar tastes to my own, so I can use their reviews as a rough judge of whether I wanna throw down the time and money for a game these days. Like Erik said, Angry Joe's cool because he generally explains why he feels aspects of a game are good or bad, and even in a bad game will praise it. For example, the new Steel Battalion game was atrocious, but he made it clear that actually it was a very good game in a lot of ways, and very well thought-out...aside from the fact it used Kinect. Exclusively. Which genuinely ruined the whole thing, as it's about precise control under pressure and the Kinect is terrible. A complete lack of an option to use a gamepad meant it was simply unplayable, which was a shame really. The original Steel Battalion is a work of art.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Videogamer.com is my favourite. Very funny indeed, especially their youtube. Their podcast is good, too. The other ones I use are Jim Sterling and Matt Lees/Daft Souls.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12