BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default If 40k was real what army/faction would you join?

If 40k was real what army/faction would you join?

Keep it somewhat realistic. By that I mean do you really want to join the chaos or the tyranids? Do you really want to go through the genetic augmentation of the Adeptus Astartes, or the cybernetic augmentation of the Adeptus Mechanicus?

What role would you want to serve in your army/faction? A Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest? A Imperial Guard Sniper? an Inquisition War Acolyte? A Tau Gue'vesa? A Skitarii Ranger? A Iron Hands Forge Father? Something evil?

I would probably go with either an Adeptus Mechanicus Enginseer assigned to the Imperial Guard, or either an Imperial Guard or Imperial Navy officer stationed on Mars working with the Adeptus Mechanicus sort of as a liaison officer.

What about you all?

Pretty sure I'd be a corpse in pretty short order!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

I'd go with Craftworld Eldar. Provided your waystone doesn't get lost or destroyed you've got long life, high standard of living, ect.

Of course there's a real risk of getting your soul eaten by a dark god, but to be fair that's true of everyone.

Option number 2 would be Orks. After all, the Orks have it all pretty much worked out. Just be one of the Boyz.

Brother-Captain

Either an Imperial Guard Lord General or an Iron Warriors Warsmith.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by ButterPanda888 View Post
    Do you really want to go through the genetic augmentation of the Adeptus Astartes, or the cybernetic augmentation of the Adeptus Mechanicus?
    [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BluntYes]Uh, yeah.[/url]

I doubt I'd survive the process of becoming an Astartes, as I'm both too old and not an exceptional specimen, but augmetics are right up my street.

Thing is, what's all this about me having a choice?

I suspect I'd end up in the Imperial Navy. Not as an officer, or even a rating, but one of the thousands upon thousands of deck slaves who stoke the reactors, load the guns, and generally have short and horrible lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    I'd go with Craftworld Eldar. Provided your waystone doesn't get lost or destroyed you've got long life, high standard of living, ect.

Of course there's a real risk of getting your soul eaten by a dark god, but to be fair that's true of everyone.

Option number 2 would be Orks. After all, the Orks have it all pretty much worked out. Just be one of the Boyz.
    I think you're meant to assume you are you, and therefore human.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post

I think you're meant to assume you are you, and therefore human.
    Given that the OP listed 'Nids as an option, I'm assuming that race is not preset.

Otherwise we can all expect to end up as PDF if we're lucky.

There's a difference between join the 'nids and become the 'nids.

Hence the exhortation "be realistic, do you really want to"? Because you will be eat.

Chapter-Master

Necrons.

I wouldn't have to process my vocals when I'm making industrial music.

I wouldn't need stage costumes for when I do live gigs.

I wouldn't have to buy cyberpunk clothes as id be in a cyberpunk body.

Wouldn't have to rely on public transport as I'd have my own Catacomb Command Barge.

Neon green is my fave colour.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

As a human, I'd be conscripted into the Astra Militarum, spend eight months "training" on an impossibly vast spaceship, then probably get shot in the head by, like, a grot in my first 20 minutes of combat.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

I'd be an Inquisitional Interrogator. Helping to bring the light of the Emperor to those who have forsaken him.

See, even in the 41st Millennium, there are people helping people.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast