BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Assuming I was conscious of the opportunity to be anything else? No idea. They're all awful beyond words.

However, assuming I'm indoctrinated enough to be all YAY THE IMPERIUM LET ME SALUTE THAT FLAG BEING A SOLDIER SURE IS GREAT I CAN'T IMAGINE A BETTER LIFE THAN THIS NO SIREE, I'd go Inquisition, hope they don't lobotomise me on the way, hope that I live long enough to hide safely somewhere.

Or maybe be a Rogue Trader. Work anonymously on a ship somewhere - create no waves, run at the first sign of trouble.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Craftworld Eldar Ranger/Eldar Corsair

Not exactly a fan of strict life rules and authority - I rather trust in my own, flawed-as-it-may-be judgement - and I do like to travel; sadly not artistic enough to be a Harlequin
    Last edited by 0rph3u5; 06-27-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    There's a difference between join the 'nids and become the 'nids.

Hence the exhortation "be realistic, do you really want to"? Because you will be eat.
    Yes, I meant for you to pick who you would want to be if it was you in that world. I mentioned the tyranids meaning unless you feel like getting eaten I don't recommend them.

First-Captain

if we can somewhat choose our rank (which, given Astartes are an option, it seems we can) I'd like to be something not-insignificant on an Imperial Navy warship. Doesn't need to be a battleship, doesn't need to be Commanding Officer, but some member of the bridge crew would be neat. Because space ships are coooool.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Brother-Sergeant

I'd probably be some low level menial slaving away in some data-stack somewhere, 18 hours of data entry before two hours of worship then back to my hab for some slab and a bit of sleep, before doing it all over again.

That or a servo skull by now.
    Warseer refugee.

Chapter-Master

High Lord of Terra. Regardless of Adminstratum that would rock.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, I figured I might be a hair dresser or something. Maybe something artistic. I never wanted to be a Guardsman. But what I really wanted to be was...

A LUMBERJACK!

Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of Catachan. With my best buddy by my side we'd sing, sing, sing!

*Singing*
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day!
    (You guys know the rest. The end result is *BLAM* Heresy!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    As a human, I'd be conscripted into the Astra Militarum, spend eight months "training" on an impossibly vast spaceship, then probably get shot in the head by, like, a grot in my first 20 minutes of combat.
    That's at least better than the poor *******s who die in the landing crafts on the way the the planets surface. Or the guy who opens the transport door and gets shot before he even gets his foot across the threshold.

Librarian

eldar corsairs by choice but I'm kind of noise marine in real life, a life of excess and its just the sonic blaster I own isn't as powerful, or handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssyrie View Post
    That's at least better than the poor *******s who die in the landing crafts on the way the the planets surface. Or the guy who opens the transport door and gets shot before he even gets his foot across the threshold.
    I suspect if youre very out of shape the commisar shoots you halfway through training : p

As I am now,I would join the Tau and get a kick *** Battlesuit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast