BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dark angel questions?

Ok I was thinking about doing a ravenwing. But looking at the force org the first rules states all models need the ravenwing rule... so looking at the hqs only sammael has that rule.. so why do they give u 3 hq slots? Do they gain the rule when u buy them a bike?
    Purge the Weak!

First-Captain

It is currently as dumb as you think it is. Let's hope we get an faq sorting it out soon.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, it's not the first time that GW has done something like this. The current Succubus model put out by GW is modeled with an illegal weapons combination, for instance.

First-Captain

Common sense says that all HQ on bikes would be Ravenwing, I'd be cool with any opponent running it like that for sure

Just house rule it so you can take a different Character on a Bike till GW get their FAQ act together

As long as your opponent is cool with it then its not an issue and the text would indicate you can take other HQ's on bikes, the reason they didn't auto give Ravenwing to the same Characters that got Deathwing is some bright spark would jink a character without a bike and point to the Ravenwing rule and scream its legal (but makes no sense) and they missed out if they take a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post
    the reason they didn't auto give Ravenwing to the same Characters that got Deathwing is some bright spark would jink a character without a bike and point to the Ravenwing rule and scream its legal
    The sad part is this is 100% true. The ITC FAQ says that Fortifications cannot benefit from the Scout special rule...yes, that means someone tried to scout a fortification...but the simple solution to fix the Ravenwing Strike Force is one sentence added to the Space Marine Bike entry: "An Independent Character who takes a Space Marine Bike gains the Ravenwing special rule." Done. Problem solved.

OK it would seem to be a bit more complex than that so I've no idea how there going to resolve this

The issue is once you give them the Ravenwing rule they get double jink & if there a Independent character can join a squad without the Ravenwing rule.

So why this is an issue is the Support Formation has the Ravenshield Buff which grants supporting overwatch to Ravenwing unit ONLY

If you couple this up with the Lions Blade Formation who get buffed overwatch at normal BS (you can see where I'm going here then sprinkling cheap Bike HQ's around its going to get a bit OP

So we'll have to wait with intrest to see how GW sort this one out Doooooh

Well, they could add a line to the Ravenwing rule stating that Independent Characters with the Ravenwing rule can only join units with the Ravenwing rule.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post
    OK it would seem to be a bit more complex than that so I've no idea how there going to resolve this

The issue is once you give them the Ravenwing rule they get double jink & if there a Independent character can join a squad without the Ravenwing rule.

So why this is an issue is the Support Formation has the Ravenshield Buff which grants supporting overwatch to Ravenwing unit ONLY

If you couple this up with the Lions Blade Formation who get buffed overwatch at normal BS (you can see where I'm going here then sprinkling cheap Bike HQ's around its going to get a bit OP

So we'll have to wait with intrest to see how GW sort this one out Doooooh
    I don't think this is as big an issue as it may seem. The Independent Character special rule says that unless specified otherwise an IC that joins a unit does not give the unit their special rules. The Ravenshield rule says it can fire overwatch at a UNIT with the Ravenwing special rule, not a unit that contains at least one model with the Ravenwing special rule. So because the IC would not give the unit Ravenwing the UNIT does not have the Ravenwing special rule it would not allow the Ravenwing Support Squadron fire overwatch. Not broken.

Not to mention that the Support squadron can still only fire overwatch once per turn, it isn't firing for the whole army anyway if a lot of assaults are happening.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast