BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Battle Missions: Kill Teams

So as not to tread on any intellectual property rules, I won't rewrite here the Kill Team section in question. But I am curious to know how others have interpreted (if indeed, interpretation is even required) the shooting phase of models. Different individual attacks, yadda yadda.

e.g. Heavy4 vs four bad guys = one shot @ each, or two @ two, as desired?

Was chatting with a bud about this, and while my initial response was something akin to "you're out yer damn mind", I re-read and gods help me... that sort of makes sense as it is currently written.

C'mon smart folks. Help a geezer out here.
    Last edited by Akkon Sek; 03-07-2010 at 04:21 PM.
    Rust, Dust & Ceramite - http://ceramite.blogspot.com

Chaplain

"When a model shoots or fights in an assault it may split its attacks up amongst any eligible targets as desired."

So yes, you may "split" the shots of any weapon that can fire more than one.

It's required for rapid fire weapons to work effectively, actually. Otherwise, all the shots from a multi-shot weapon would have to hit the same model, as every model is counted as a separate unit in kill team.
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Biscuit View Post
    "When a model shoots or fights in an assault it may split its attacks up amongst any eligible targets as desired."

So yes, you may "split" the shots of any weapon that can fire more than one.
    I think this is exactly right.

Ok.

Works for me. Just goes against every part of my years-long tortuous 40K conditioning that I can pick (and shoot at) separate targets, and then assault someone completely different.

Thanks guys. Appreciate you.

-Dryw
    Rust, Dust & Ceramite - http://ceramite.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

That's cool. I like the sound of kill teams.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

It's quite a lot of fun. It's basically a much better form of 40k in 40 min; that also REALLY inspires homebrew adjustments and creations. At least for me.
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Chaplain

From my reading it is pretty much Nercomunda with 40k units. Can't wait to get a city fight 'kill team' game going.

Chaplain

I've played a 6 player Kill Team and it was fun. I didn't have the shooting problem because I ran cheese - 5 TH/SS Termies in Kill Team.

I was eliminated second. Just after some Tzeentch Terminators.

KILL TEAM FTW!!!!
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Do you guys have any thoughts on units you might take or strategies you might use for kill squad ?
    I'm thinking I might buy up storm troopers and use them for this, that or use gants and a doom of malan'tai.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 01:18 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast