BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

As if the figures weren't bad enough...turns out they've got ridiculous names too.
    Great. Childish.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys all pawing over those photos trying to find something to make you go...you know what there not too bad...too ?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I am quite frankly amazed. I actually want to play Fantasy now.
    No more working out charge arcs and trying to rank up models that just aren't made for it. A new angle, a fresh start.

I am very optimistic.

And that's the rub. GW has ditched all that to pick up customers like you, which is great for you. For people like me who enjoyed the nuances of what formation to put my unit in, the vagaries of movement (guessed or random), consulting tables to work out how your models interacted, the joy of outmanoeuvring your opponent to nail that flank charge, it's the end of something we loved.

I get the complexity was off putting to some people, but plenty of people enjoyed the challenge. It was what made the game fun. And it's not like the rules were that complex. I can't help but feel that there was a middle ground to be found, instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    yes, damn them and their moderate, considerate opinions and willingness to wait for solid news, let us mock them with more complaining, because that will show GW and entertain everyone as well.

Sorry, but when people reply to any critical opinion with "just wait until it's out before you judge! Stop being a hater!" and then, in the same sentence, unironically say "I'm really excited!" it becomes clear that they're not trying to be moderate, they're just passive aggressively telling any mildly critical person to shut up.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

If this wasn't replacing Warhammer, and it had something to balance it (not even traditional points values, just *something* more than "take whatever you want"), I think I could enjoy it.

I might still play it, putting together some figures I have left over, giving it a few tries. But it'd pretty much have to be with friends, and every game would require discussion, which could get a bit tedious for something that seems like a quickie match system.

I'm not all negative... I can see some good, but the negatives are hurting it for me. Wiping out 30 years of a game's history in terms of story, aesthetic, and rules, pretty much everything? Nothing at all to even suggest how people might balance rules? And if it's to be a game for just telling stories, well, why not have some scenarios, even basic stuff?

I think I might use some free time to fill in the holes I see. Heck, I've got a website, I need to use it more, like I used to. Maybe I can work up something and spread it to people to try out.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    Sorry, but when people reply to any critical opinion with "just wait until it's out before you judge! Stop being a hater!" and then, in the same sentence, unironically say "I'm really excited!" it becomes clear that they're not trying to be moderate, they're just passive aggressively telling any mildly critical person to shut up.
    careful tomgar, they'll put you on ignore and then just make passive aggressive comments about you constantly.

You know, its funny to see grown adults act like children in a school yard who attempt to use exclusion as a form of belittlement.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

I think a lot of this will hinge on how powerful each unit is and if they took the time to sort out each unit and its comparative points and if they playtested the hell out of most of the scenarios you could find it in. or maybe this will be a total lopsided mess where players find and exploit this tiny little system essentially making whole swaths of units unplayable.

I guess I worry that this whole thing's strange success hinges on GW playtesting this a great deal, which, I would be concerned they are not. but then again theyve gone for nothing but suprises with this, for all we know they play-tested it with a third party focus group children who have 0 experience with these kind of games.

Don't worry about a third-party focus group, they famously "don't do market research".

There's no points.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Again there's lots of cherry picking over the rumours.

We still don't know a great deal about the game. We've seen some of the rules, but haven't actually played it. The entire game is being knocked because some aren't fussed for the aesthetic of an entirely new army. We haven't seen the Warscrolls for our existing forces. And you'd seriously think that GW have done a Farenheit 451, kicking in doors and torching people's books.

Me, I'm happy to give it a whirl. And yes, I am braced to once again face the online ridicule of those who seemingly have nothing else to occupy their life beyond whining online about something they profess not to like on the off chance I play it and realise 'hey, this is actually kind of fun. Different, but y'know, fun'

I may not enjoy the game - who knows? There's many games I've played a couple of times then not returned to. But I've never felt he compulsion to go on and on and on and on and on about on the Internet, typing with my left hand because the right is occupied by my tumescent lad.

But for those poised to attack someone's actual informed opinion, based on their own experiences, I'll default to my usual advice. Suck. My. Balls.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

I'm quite excited about it all. My only concern is the the take as many as you want rule on the war scrolls. Just seems whats stopping someone from taking a bucket load of blood thirsters. I'm sure all will be revealed though

Common decency?

Not being a power gaming arse?

Respect for your fellow gamers?

Lots of things really.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast