BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Sadly I think after 20 years of playing WFB and having collected a huge O & G army over that time this is the end of Warhammer for me, if I can't find a similar playable game system my collection will be going on e-bay.
    Not measuring from bases = moronic
    No points values = moronic
    New model scale - horrible

The list goes on and I can't believe they have employed someone to completely destroy the game.

I have to say this is the least impressive (read bloody awful) format for WFB I have ever had the misfortune to see and after 20 years I think I am done.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MARCOLL View Post
    Sadly I think after 20 years of playing WFB and having collected a huge O & G army over that time this is the end of Warhammer for me, if I can't find a similar playable game system my collection will be going on e-bay.

The list goes on and I can't believe they have employed someone to completely destroy the game.
    They didn't use bases to appease exisiting Fantasy players with square bases
    Points values are just one of a number of balancing mechanics, M:tG does fine without them for example
    The scale is the same, Eternals are just big dudes.
    Last edited by The Girl; 07-02-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

This isn't a positive comment! LET'S DOGPILE HIM, GUYS!

Joking aside, I feel your pain. I sold up about a month ago when it was abundantly clear that AoS was replacing WHFB. I don't want yet another skirmish game and I suspect you're the same. If ranked battles are what you're after, may I suggest Kings of War? I don't play it myself, but I hear they've just updated the ruleset and are doing a roaring trade since GW decided that everything must be skirmishing Space Marines.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Check out Kings of War's second edition when it hits stores soon. They're really pushing for the WFB crowd, it's written by Alessio Cavatore (formerly on the WFB design team), and some of their promo shots show Orcs and Goblins (GW's models). It has regimental combat, points, same model scale. It's a good bit simpler than WFB from what I've seen, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Also keeping an eye on kings of war, if it works at small scale I'll pick up a bunch of wood elves second hand
    Last edited by daboarder; 07-02-2015 at 09:30 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I will be, if it plays at small points I might grab a bunch of wood elves second hand off ebay to run.
    Wish I'd known dude, I just sold about 4000pts of Wood Elves!
    Last edited by The Girl; 07-02-2015 at 09:01 PM.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Chapter-Master

They didn't just destroy the game but the setting as well. so this has few ties to what came before... And I'm out if the whole model scale changes.
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 07-02-2015 at 09:29 PM.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

KoW is likely what I will be playing going forward. It's not exactly the same, but at least it's a battle game and I don't have to deal with the idiocies of AoS...

Did people burn their 8th Ed books or something?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast