BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Indeed.

And don't forget to apply the unwritten rule - don't be a penis about things.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm hoping the rumours that AoS are like an introductory End Times thing in reverse are true. so we get AoS with simpler, throw everything together in a glorious hot mess then as the story progresses and the new order of things starts to be established we get more advances rules and so forth. Get people hooked with simplicity.

also one ofthe big stumbling blocks to getting newbies into WFB was the cost of buying a unit. Three boxes at least of basic troops for a single regiment and that might get your minimum core requirements or it might not. Now you can have much more asymmetrical armies and increase regiment size and you go along. Seems eminently sensible to me.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Indeed. This is accessible. Rules are free for all (never thought we'd see that), and with a single Batallion box, you've got a decent force to get started with.

Really liking how big monsters work now. The more messed up they get during the game, the less effective they become.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yup. Buy a Dragon and some cavalry and some war machines? got yourself an army. Buy some infantry and add to it as things go along? Still got an army. also thematic stuff is going to be easy now. Can throw a horde of witch elves and a few cauldrons and Morathi or whatever on the table and call it a day.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I am not really liking the weapon variations, particularly for my high elves. swordmasters and white lions have become pretty much redundant, phoenix guard are hitting and wounding the same, with the same number of attacks, and get a 4+ invulnerable save still.

other stuff works though, repeater bolt throwers are amazing.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

30 Night Goblins is now enough for a unit, so I can get painting and not have to be bothered to do the hundreds I've got in bare plastic!

Battle-Brother

not clear on this but am I right in presuming you can take anything in the grand alliances together? For instance Tomb Kings and Vampire counts in the death alliance

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Clewz View Post
    not clear on this but am I right in presuming you can take anything in the grand alliances together? For instance Tomb Kings and Vampire counts in the death alliance
    You can take anything you want together, there are no restrictions

Time to get dressed and go poke my nose about in the shop.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Time to get dressed and go poke my nose about in the shop.
    Or only get half dressed, you might be playing ogres.

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast