BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Speaking personally, i rather enjoy reading the vastly different points of view here and would find it painfully boring if it was one side or the other.
    Count me as a fan of Age of Sigmar (allthough not sure on the rules as i wont get a chance till wednesday at the earliest) but I do empathise with those that dislike these big changes, it's fairly easy to understand that PoV too...
    well said Xeno
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

I've taken a look at the rules myself, and I've found that I rather enjoy the simplicity of it. The toughest part I think is going to be the unit coherancy, since it's "model to model" and not "base to base." Also, I think it will be a way I can get my kids involved since it's a lot easier than Fantasy Mathhammer. That was one of the reasons why I havn't played fantasy in 6 years. I've even sold much of my stuff as a result. Now I'm wishing I still had my Ogre army. They would be great on round bases for this game.

Looks like I'll be busting out my Aegyptus mummies and my Tomb Kings to build up.

I would love to think that I could also adapt the Skeleton warscrolls or the tomb guard to mummy minis from Crocodile games.

John M>

I finally watched my first demo game of AoS today. I am trying to see where people think it's fun since apparently a few people do like it, but sorry to say I thought my eyes were going to bleed. It literally was the most boring thing I have seen in a very long time. I am sure they did some things wrong and I admit a few of the special rules for the battlescrolls were interesting, but there was just nothing appealing about the gameplay. I will try a couple games myself eventually, but after today I am not holding out any more hope of salvaging this thing we have been given. Best of luck to those who continue to try. You have far more patience and tolerance than I will ever possess

I will be spending my time with KoW 2.0 in the future. Hope to see many of you there...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    We have known each other for a while now.
    You really do have to start warming up to the fact that Warhammer as you knew it has been completely and utterly shafted.
    Well that's obvious, I'm just convinced what this is will be a bad as people are saying. I mean people have been saying for years now WFB was dying so change was obviously required.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Speaking personally, i rather enjoy reading the vastly different points of view here and would find it painfully boring if it was one side or the other.
    Count me as a fan of Age of Sigmar (allthough not sure on the rules as i wont get a chance till wednesday at the earliest) but I do empathise with those that dislike these big changes, it's fairly easy to understand that PoV too...
    The frontpage comments are funnier if yer goin for raw entertainment :P

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well that's obvious, I'm just convinced what this is will be a bad as people are saying. I mean people have been saying for years now WFB was dying so change was obviously required.
    It is not as bad as people are saying. (But that would be tricky. ) there is more to this .... but it will not change some of the gripes folks have.

There's an app coming soon.

And Harry....spill the rumour beans!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Absolutely! WFB had to change to survive at all, and I have to believe that AoS will look very different in just a few months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    There's an app coming soon.

And Harry....spill the rumour beans!
    Spot on! Dust off that crystal ball and get busy with it.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Fly Lord

via DakkaDakka's [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/655189.page"]ShaneTB[/URL] 7-5-2015

GW had a guy camped out at the Forge World open day whos entire job was to answer questions and talk to people about Age of Sigmar. His entire job is to go to shows and talk to people about the new game. For the first time I think ever they're taking Age of Sigmar to Gencon, Comic Con, all the major wargames conventions in Europe etc. They're throwing a considerable amount of money at putting this in front of new audiences who have never played fantasy before. He was also brutally honest and didn't dodge any questions and answered everything he could. I'll start with the negative stuff first.

This is it. There categorically will not be a '9th' edition of fantasy. Age of Sigmar is the only thing fantasy related GW will do for the considerable future.

He acknowledges that the 'funny' rules are rather silly and don't make for a great intro to the system for new people. His response was that the armies in the box set don't have the silly rules. They're there as kind of a celebration and final send off of the old warhammer armies, and he said you might notice the new armies don't have the stupid noises or imaginary friends. This is deliberate, its designed that you'll only generally play the old stuff with your mates since it's a bit embarassing to play in a public place.

The new races will look different to the old ones. Ooruks will not look the same as the orcs we currently have. As such, when they get round to releasing Ooruks, the old models will cease production. He did say that you can still use your old models as ooruks, but you won't be able to buy normal orc boys again.

There will never be points values.

On to the slightly positive stuff then.

They are going to fully support all modes of play, and will be releasing rules to balance armies against each other. There will be narrative campaigns where your forces are picked for you for specific missions, and there will be a system for tournament players to balance lists that isn't based on model count. He did not know the specifics of this, but said it is definitely coming.

The rules will always be free. He said that they are very very aware that fantasy had a massive buy in for someone to get started, as such the game was designed with the ability to play it with one box of models. There will be army books, but every rule in them will be available, for free, online. The books will just have extra background info and scenarios.

GW really are trying harder than they ever have before to make this work. If you're at one of the shows go and talk to them. They want to talk to you about this, but especially they want your feedback on it. As he said, this is totally uncharted territory for them and they are totally open to rules revisions as they go.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Battle-Brother

I'm assuming everything thats gone to webstore exclusive is getting replaced or is a gonna
    Last edited by Clewz; 07-07-2015 at 12:45 AM.

Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast