Unhappy

Sigmarines dwarf Space Marines.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150703_194705.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	14907

It's not clip together either.
    It needs gluing, but I just blu-tacked here...
    Last edited by Timmoth; 07-03-2015 at 03:52 AM.

So?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

For those interested in scale comparisons...

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So?

It's not that useful comparing to 40k models though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

they are entirely new god-powered soldiers too, it isn't a new scale for the game.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Another thought from the foetid depths of what, against all evidence, I consider my mind......

We don't know the format of battles. Me, I'm hoping for scenario driven victory conditions, with the 'sudden death' results varying accordingly. This would mean should someone outnumber you, they won't know exactly what their Achilles heel will turn out to be.

And that's an important consideration I think.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Another thought from the foetid depths of what, against all evidence, I consider my mind......

We don't know the format of battles. Me, I'm hoping for scenario driven victory conditions, with the 'sudden death' results varying accordingly. This would mean should someone outnumber you, they won't know exactly what their Achilles heel will turn out to be.

Without points, narrative scenarios will be key to the game. It looks like players should adopt an attitude similar to that used when playing Inquisitor, where a dynamic, story based game is the goal, rather than just crushing your opponent. Yes, with the rules we've got it's clear that you could make an overpowered monstrosity of an army that'll destroy everything in a few turns at most. But that shouldn't be your goal when playing the game.
    Warseer refugee.

And remember folks, very reliable rumour mongers are saying this is just the beginning of what's happened to Warhammer, and we should expect a further large release around August.
    Well, it's now actually sounding more like the "large release" is just future waves of figures and maybe scenarios or stuff, but no expansion of the rules, no points, nothing like that.

In a year, you'll probably still be trying to tell people that a rumor said that there's better days ahead so people should indefinitely remain optimistic for something that rumors say is coming "any day now!"

Let's not talk about rumors of "what might be ahead." Because "very reliable rumour mongers" also said that all the 8th edition books would still be usable. How did that work out? Oh, that's right, they're all obsolete! So maybe we should stop relying on rumours. Maybe you should let people judge what's here and now. Even if things get better down the line, right now they *aren't* good for some people, and it's not fair to tell them that they're being unreasonable by judging what we have now as opposed to what rumors claim might be down the line, especially when the rumors turn out to be wrong so often.

Well someone got a hold of an AoS box (found this on 4chan, pictures aren't mine)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	14910   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	242 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	14911   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	270 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	14912   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	282 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	14915   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	293 
Size:	248.8 KB 
ID:	14916  

YES, WE DO KNOW. Please, stop this. We have the rules. You're trying to remain eternally optimistic, okay. But right now, it feels like your optimism is a false front, to try to mask your own fears about the system. Continually saying "We don't know what's in the rules!" when we have the rules is like a severe denial stage. And I get it, man, I'm grieving too, but just pass the denial and go to acceptance. If you don't like AoS, accept that. If you like it, then like it and be happy to tell people you like it for what it is. But for God's sake, man, it's getting sad to keep hearing "we don't know." In a week, after we have everything, we'll keep hearing, "We don't know what the game is like!"

We do know what it's like.

There are no points, no army limits, no limits on units. There are no scenarios. The rules are a very basic framework, you make up a story and decide on armies and make up a scenario to fit the story, and then play it out with friends. Just like Inquisitor was (only in that game you actually got to make up your own rules for stuff... but since AoS is relying on people being in agreement on so much other stuff, I don't think house ruled new units would be that big a deal).

So many people wanted a narrative game that they could tell whatever story they wanted and not worry about balance or anything, and complained about the existence of tournaments. And now we have that game. And it feels like even the people defending it, who wanted that lack of structure, are not happy with it.

I accept it for what it is. I'm building a Dwarf army and an Orc and Goblin army (and screw anyone who wants me to use BS names some moron created to copyright) that will hopefully allow for some balanced games, and I'll be trying AoS out in the coming week(s), knowing going into it what to expect. I miss Warhammer, I know AoS isn't meant to be more than a storytelling device, but I'll at least give it a shot as it is, because I know that it's folly to sit here and think, "There's better coming just around the corner, I just know it!"

Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast