BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

It doesn't matter what bases your models are one, square, round, whatever. Bases are just there to look cool.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

That could work.

And on the subject of bases - they're so ignored, you can cross an enemy base to get into range.

Wee bit clumsy, but prevents shenanigans with oversized bases.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    You could saw a 25mm round base in half and glue one half to each end of the cavalry base.
    that is a pain in the *** though

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    It doesn't matter what bases your models are one, square, round, whatever. Bases are just there to look cool.
    it does matter though if you want your army to look unified and decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    That could work.

And on the subject of bases - they're so ignored, you can cross an enemy base to get into range.

Wee bit clumsy, but prevents shenanigans with oversized bases.
    you can, but it is still a stupid idea for a rule, base to base is the only way to play.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

No issue doing that.

Very much a community based game. Lots of it appears focussed on having established opponents.

Also, check out the general Warhammer board....I want to adapt this for Warhammer Quest, and I don't think it will take much.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Interesting stuff. It seems to me that a company in financial peril should probably try not to revise their products in a way that's an intentional middle finger to their existing customer base. This seems especially true for companies like GW, whose business models rely so heavily on network effects. Then again, what do I know?
    Last edited by Lexington; 07-04-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Yet if the old one wasn't selling, you need to do something, no?

So far as we can tell, 40k remains on decent sales ground, so changing up Warhammer to what sells in the modern market is less of a risk, as they can always switch back to a 'proper' 9th Ed format?

Chaplain

so changing up Warhammer to what sells in the modern market is less of a risk
    I don't know many of them, does any of the other games completely ditch points/balance system or is it more of an experiment?

Friendly reminder from the moderation team:

To add a user to your ignore list, go to your User Settings and in the left Nav Panel under My Account, select Edit Ignore List, type the username you wish to ignore in the Ignore List blank and click Okay

Posts from users that you are ignoring are hidden from view when logged into the forums.
    Please take advantage of this feature, it's there to make your experience on the Lounge a better one. Thank you.

Iron Father

[off topic - take complaints to PMs - thanks]

Back on topic, I bought AoS. I wasn't going to, the wife's going to be very annoyed as it's just another box of something sat on the shelf . However my 8 year old was looking over my shoulder, mentioned she loved the look of the "gold ones" and any lingering doubt went poof. PayPal to the rescue. The rules look really simple. I like them, and I love the fact I can play this with the kids easily enough.
    Last edited by The Girl; 07-04-2015 at 12:22 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Yet if the old one wasn't selling, you need to do something, no?
    Personally I would have started with trying to figure out *why* the old one wasn't selling before throwing the baby out with the bathwater so to speak. But then again this is GW and that would have meant them actually having to *talk* to their customers to find out what was wrong.

Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast