BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    WFB was definitely better than 40K with points. Really, the place where WFB stumbled was having an item here or there that was way too good (i.e. Banner of the World Dragon), and some armies could be tweaked to be beatstick, but I think those were relatively easy to fix up. And just limit the Horde formation to being only for models below, say, 9 points, so you didn't have hordes of elite troops (which kind of defeated the point of that rule).

Points weren't as much of a problem in WFB as they are in 40K. And even though the balance could sometimes feel off, it was never at the levels 40K is at right now.
    Balance is one my one big issue with the game. Setting aside all the stuff I loved in Warhammer that is gone, and taking the game on its own merits, it isn't too bad. The oversimplification leads to a few dumb rules conundrums and it's a bit fiddly at times. It's also gets very long and tedious if you have any units with a significant number of models in them, but there is some good stuff in it and overall it is better than I thought it would be. But without a balancing mechanic it is broken to feck.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    And here I was, worried that the Chaos Dwarves had been squatted a second time.

www.GardenNinja.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	15013
    It seems they either killed off Slannesh in AoS or changed him/her/it. The symbol opposing Khorne is very different.

Librarian

that isn't true.

Lizardmen have been re-named and have totally new mechanics in being summonable, no reason to think they are going anywhere at all.
    Harry said - multiple times, I think - that no new Lizardmen models would be forthcoming. I guess you could interpret this as being cute, since they're 'Seraphon' now - that is the sort of winking hint that Harry's been known to drop when he's excited about a new product. However, Harry's been less than enthusiastic when it comes to almost everything related to Age of Sigmar. He's also not the only person who's said this, and those other people have ended up getting quite a bit right...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Harry said - multiple times, I think - that no new Lizardmen models would be forthcoming. I guess you could interpret this as being cute, since they're 'Seraphon' now - that is the sort of winking hint that Harry's been known to drop when he's excited about a new product. However, Harry's been less than enthusiastic when it comes to almost everything related to Age of Sigmar. He's also not the only person who's said this, and those other people have ended up getting quite a bit right...
    I would expect an aesthetic change, but the reptile element will still remain, otherwise why bother renaming the Lizardmen? If Serephon were going to be a race of cat people, then there would be no need to even mention them yet.

But Lizardmen as we know them with their Aztec influence? I wouldn't get my hopes up over a future release with that aesthetic.
    Warseer refugee.

Thing is.....it's the very same Lizardmen, at least that's how it appears from the limited background I've managed to read.

We could see some stylistic changes, but I'm not convinced they'll be massive.

Reckon Lexington is probably right that much of it is Harry being his usual coy self
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

style changes I could see, but they aren't going to drop the race. why bother renaming them and changing their play style only to drop them? they would have just done a minimal update to Age of Sigmar rules, rather than adding stuff like summoning.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Fly Lord

Age of Sigmar Introduction Campaign Missions:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aos-mission1.jpg 
Views:	1371 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	15023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aos-mission2.jpg 
Views:	1303 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	15024Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aos-mission3.jpg 
Views:	1278 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	15025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aos-mission4.jpg 
Views:	1248 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	15026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aos-mission5.jpg 
Views:	1265 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	15027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aos-mission6.jpg 
Views:	1293 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	15028
    These missions form the 6-part campaign in the Age of Sigmar background book. Mission one is a basic introduction to the rules, while mission 6 is a wild free for all for all the marbles. The 6-part campaign covers Sigmar's opening moves to open the Gates of Azyr, and Lord Celestant Vandus Hammerhand's chance for justice (and a bit of vengeance mixed in) against the forces of Korghos Khul!

Each mission presents a larger board, with more scenery, and additional units, building upon the last mission. By Mission 6, both sides are using all the minis in the box and should have total familiarity with the 4-page rules. All in all, a very good training campaign for the new system - exactly what you should expect in a starter boxed set.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

style changes I could see, but they aren't going to drop the race. why bother renaming them and changing their play style only to drop them? they would have just done a minimal update to Age of Sigmar rules, rather than adding stuff like summoning.
    I noticed that the dragon who saved Sigmar is also Seraphon, which is the new species name of the Lizardmen as a whole. Maybe the Lizardmen are going to be folded into the Stormwhatsits? They could similarly fold Daemons and the old Chaos Marauders into a single new Chaos army. It would jive with both them bothering to reprint the Lizards with a few changes and the idea that they will no longer really exist in their coming form.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

could be quite cool if they became an army of dragon men rather than lizard men
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast