BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Yup, I have concerns, bottom line is its free so I can test it out without having to pay out fifty pounds or whatever for a giant rulebook or try and borrow someone else's who paid out fifty pounds for a giant rulebook. If its terrible can keep using 8th edition until GW change course if it bombs, and continue to get high quality kits from GW so who cares. Its not ideal but I still play Necromunda and Gorkamorka and Mordheim and they haven't been supported in years.

Certainly won't be getting the box though, don't like the muscle clad marauder look at all, and th Sigmarites look stupid and its all stupidly hyper masculine.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

[comment redacted by the bols feminist mafia]
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

this weekend is a long one over here so might get a chance to give it a go, we shall see.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Certainly won't be getting the box though, don't like the muscle clad marauder look at all, and th Sigmarites look stupid and its all stupidly hyper masculine.
    The one thing in the box interesting me is the fluff book. It'd be nice if they'd sell that separate for those of us who might play but don't want to buy the box.

I'm still torn over whether or not to bother buying the box.

On the one hand, I can just get the rules for free, completely legitimately, which is nice (and something others have been calling for for years now).

On the other....I'm a sucker for spanglenew.

Right now, I'm not feeling compelled to grab it straight off the bat, and may instead plump for more models for my burgeoning Mechanicum force instead (could add more Kataphron and a second box of Electropriests). Perhaps two boxes of Kataphron Destroyers.

Still going to give it a decent bash though.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I shall be curious to see how combat resolution works, hard to imagine there is much benefit to taking a 50 model horde with no rank and standard bonus. Probably some form of bonus for outnumbering the enemy, but I would imagine it will mostly lie in getting as many models attacking as you can
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I shall be curious to see how combat resolution works, hard to imagine there is much benefit to taking a 50 model horde with no rank and standard bonus. Probably some form of bonus for outnumbering the enemy, but I would imagine it will mostly lie in getting as many models attacking as you can
    Theonly advantage I see is the number of attacks. If I surround a chaos warrior model with skaven, he can only attack up to a number of models equal to his attacks. My skaven can all attack him though. There is no ranking up so I can focus my Skaven on the flanks where I get better covereage and less risk of your forces piling in. Also, big units are harder to break as they get a bonus to the bravery roll for every ten models. Just my first thoughts...

I'm curious to see what comes of this... The rules are overly simplified but, for me at least, it all depends on how diverse the warscrolls are. I can live with simplified rules if all my units feel unique to me. I'm still concerned with the apparent lack of points and balancing factors. I'm still concerned about the fluff (which sounds horrendous). I still don't consider this Warhammer.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Every 10 models in a unit give +1 to bravery for the battleshock test

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I will probably stick to base to base measurements, it is the only thing that makes any sense, changing that is moronic.
    I will definitely be sticking to base to base measurements. Measuring from the model is the single dumbest design concept I've seen in years. Add to that the basing doesn't matter and someone can simply build an all ranged weapon list on large enough bases that guarantee you never have a single successful charge. WTH GW?
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Dude. If someone is that vested in cheating and bending the rules, their choice of base will be the least of one's worries against them.

I suspect their personal hygiene might well top that list.

Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast