BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Oh, and those names. Legal teams shouldn't be involved in making design decisions...
    I was promised Nigmos.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Just had another look over the first page.

Now, I am indeed cherry picking here, but not without some logic to it....

Harry we know to be largely reliable - even when he's not 100%, he's close enough that you can see where things got confused.

Darnok is likewise normally pretty reliable.

Darnok has info that this is an intro game type affair - a way to play Warhammer with fewer models perhaps - with a full rulebook of some sort expected in August. Harry doesn't seem to have contradicted this, which he has done in the past.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    The lack of points values and idea people will just "balance it yourselves" is the only thing that'd really bug me, and I remain that's one of the things that hurt Inquisitor.
    That's one thing I won't believe until I saw the complete four pages and some sample Warscrolls. There just has to be more than that, otherwise the most cautious and restrained thought I have would be 'I don't see it working at all. The only attempts at balancing we've seen so far are based on model count and I think it's fair to assume not all models are supposed to be equally strong.

And if you call ogres Ogors you might as well spell them with a zero

Points or alleged lack thereof is an interesting one.

One assumes there'll be some kind of 'wound count', otherwise your 20 Gobbos get to play with my 19 Ironguts, and I'll have the advantage.

But hey, early days, and a still incomplete picture.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Yeah, the game would hardly work without them. If they do go that will pretty much be the end of my involvement
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Unless there's a separate rating on Warscrolls?

I can see each box of models being a separate scroll, and thus rateable from there?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Points or alleged lack thereof is an interesting one.

One assumes there'll be some kind of 'wound count', otherwise your 20 Gobbos get to play with my 19 Ironguts, and I'll have the advantage.

But hey, early days, and a still incomplete picture.
    Very incomplete. Could be that all the warscrolls( or whatever) are balanced against each other and one picks a set number each eg. you play a 4 scroll battle or something on those lines.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Not sure how that might work?

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Very incomplete. Could be that all the warscrolls( or whatever) are balanced against each other and one picks a set number each eg. you play a 4 scroll battle or something on those lines.

I was thinking the same thing. In fact, if you look at the leaked pics, both sides have 6 units. The Stormcast Eternals have their two units of Stormcast warriors, the heavy-weapons guys, and the Seraphim-esque guys, alongside their standard bearer and their hero. Chaos has two units of Marauders, one unit of Warriors, the beast and his master, as well as the banner bearer and the hero. I think if they want to go "no points" then balancing gameplay based on number of warscrolls is probably the way to go.

However, if units have maximum and minimum sizes, and there's no rules that state "feilding a unit above its minimum size counts as two warscrolls for army construction," then I'm not sure how the game will be intended to be played with any semblance of balance.

If course, all these rumors about a lack of points could be wrong as well. I mean, think about how many rumors about the rules and models were invalidated once we got these leaks. At this point, its hard to believe any rumor is true, even if its coming from a reliable source, when so much we've been hearing for ages was all false.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not sure how that might work?
    Simples each warscroll gives a set number of each unit eg the goblin one give 20 goblins, the human one 10 soldiers and the ogre one 3 ogres, for a game if you decide to pick a 4 scroll game you just pick 4 of the scrolls you'd like and both armies would be balanced. Obviously it may take some balancing a chaos Lord on a dragon and a goblin Warboss but they could make some units be worth more than one warscroll. If you wanted bigger units you could combine warscrolls eg have 2 scrolls worth of ogres to have a 6 strong unit. Of course that would mean fixed equipment in units but at this point I think anything could happen.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast