BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Well, I'm ready for midnight, to figure out rules for these guys and then give a few trial runs to see how it plays.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AoSDwarfArmy.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	14927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AoSOrcArmy.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	14928

Dwarfs:
    Lord with axe and pistol
    Lord with axe and shield
    Engineer
    Runesmith
    2x Slayer hero
    10 Ironbreakers
    10 Slayers
    10 Thunderers
    16 Thunderers
    8 Miners
    12 Warriors
    2x Cannon

Orcs & Goblins:
    Black Orc Hero
    Orc Hero
    Savage Orc Shaman
    Goblin Shaman
    Night Goblin Shaman
    10 Black Orcs
    10 Arrer Boyz
    10 Orcs w/ 2 hand weapons
    10 Savage Orcs w/ 2 hand weapons
    15 Night Goblins w/ short bow

Not exactly balanced against each other, since it's mostly what I could scrounge for Orcs (I'm not taking apart my painted army). I figure this should allow for testing melee units, ranged units, heroes, magic, and artillery.

Chapter-Master

If you can take whatever models you like then I guess my tomb kings serpent host will be playable, does anyone know what the right round base equivilent for the charriot bases would be? I much prefer the round ones and never glued them to the ones they came with anyway..
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Forget the round bases. I blew the dust off of 15 year old armies to get ready for the new rules.

Hopefully they're good... I'm also hoping for a WOTR style supplement in the future to bring in movement trays and more massive battles. I don't want to push 100-200 figs around individually.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

More pictures from /tg/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	14929   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	231 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	14930   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	235 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	14931   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	226 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	14932   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	237 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	14933  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	231 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	14934  

Refers to a guide rather than rules....

That's an interesting turn of phrase.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Refers to a guide rather than rules....

That's an interesting turn of phrase.
    It's more "friendly," especially if they're going for just narrative games with no set structure just to allow people to tell a story with their miniatures.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/blog/blog.jsp;jsessionid=81EFF9582B5FC8605F5943FE2B5A19 95

"This issue of White Dwarf also includes a four-page pull-out containing all the rules for Warhammer Age of Sigmar."

So there it says rules, and says it's ALL the rules.

Can we PLEASE stop this nonsense with acting like the four pages are just some starter set rules only intended for intro games? Now we have GW's official website saying that's all the rules. It's not a scan or copy of an email, not rumors from whatever-reliability rumor mongers. It's the official company, saying officially, THESE ARE ALL THE RULES.

Veteran-Sergeant

Mantic are releasing Kings of War 2nd Ed for free next Friday. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Y'know, once we're all done licking each others' balls and such.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

GW's site has converted their Warhammer section to Age of Sigmar and has the armies broken down by "faction" (Order, Chaos, Death, Destruction) and race. You can see the names for the races, and see who matches up with who in the new setting.

I'm still shaking my head at "Orruk," "Ogor," and "Troggoth."

Seraphon are indeed Lizardmen.

It seems they're still sorting it, though. I clicked on Beastmen, saw only 8 products with some key ones missing (i.e. Centigors), then clicked on something else, noticed the numbers for Beastmen had changed, and Centigors were showing then. So don't assume anything's gone until a few hours have passed.

- - - Updated - - -

Also interesting to see classifications: Hero, Monster, Priest, Engineer, Wizard, War Machine. I'm guessing there'll be some rules that apply to Priest and Engineer characters in the warscrolls.

Sure, we'll know in a few hours, but it's fun to guess right now!

Dark elves. Sitting nicely under forces of order so all swell in the world...still as Mr mystery has been routinely telling us for months, there's no major shake up of the game coming up...why would they do that , it doesn't make business sense !
    Needs a cricket bat in his balls not a pair of lips...

- - - Updated - - -

And can someone remind me why the race names had to change ?

Veteran-Sergeant

All out on New Zealand's site. No points values, 4pg rulebook and Warscrolls is all you get. Like I've been saying from the start. Hard not to look smug right now.

Ah, bugger it.

*adopts the smug face*
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast