BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Age of Sigmar Rumor Roundup

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?409361-Warhammer-9th-Rumor-Discussion-Mk-III&p=7456436&viewfull=1#post7456436"]Atia[/URL] 5-28-2015

Regarding the new "Age of Sigmar" product for WFB 9th:

ladys and gentlemen

i confirm the upcoming release of Age of Sigmar
    Attachment 14330
    That image indicates a product page for "Age of Sigmar" exists on the GW website, but is currently not redirecting to another placeholder page until it is used.

via one of gary's [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/V9bMIM9c3Go/age-of-sigmar-and-9th-edition-fantasy.html"]birds[/URL] 5-29-2015

Age of Sigmar will be not the first part of a Three-Part Ruleset in the 9.Edition, it will be the Name of the first Starter Set. The Set includes Simplyfied Fantasy Rules, based on the new Edition with Skimisher Rules. Age of Sigmar will be an easy and "cheap" introduction for new People and the first Release of the new Edition. Soon after the Set GW will release the Full Rulebook with full skimisher and standard Rules. Later in this Year, there will be a classic Starter Set like the previous with two Armies and a Full Mini-Rulebook.

Via Steve the Warboss 06-02-2015

Age of Sigmar is not the Starter Set of the 9th Edition. It will be a Board Game like Space Hulk or Execution Force and with this Set, the Releases of the 9th Edition will begin.
    via [URL="http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=4090581419.jpg"]Hostingpics[/URL] 6-2-2015

Age of Sigmar
    Pre-order July 4th
    Streetdate: July 11th
    Attachment 14422
    via[URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com"] Atia on B&C[/URL] 6-3-2015

Age of Sigmar
    - new start for warhammer fantasy, some big changes are coming
    - round bases - yes
    - if you want something important - you should buy it now - starting with saturday, some products will vanish
    WFB Age of Sigmar - MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGES Coming:

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?409361-Warhammer-9th-Rumor-Discussion-Mk-III/page23"]Harry[/URL] on Warseer 6-3-2015
    yeah .... about the army books .... there is some good news and some bad news. The good news is ..... OK .... actually ... there is no good news.
    ...I have been trying to describe a "full on reboot" for months ... or is it years now.
    ...You are still assuming there will be army books as you know them.
    ...I would not be surprised if it was one book ... or two books one for the good guys and one for the bad guys or one for the good guys one for the bad guys and some sort of additional book for the four factions.
    via [URL="http://raffazza.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/times-changin-get-ready-for-age-of.html"]RaffazzaTime[/URL] 6-3-2015

The first big date: June 6th

What's happening:
    Stores have been told to remove the following from their shelves:

Island of Blood
    Warhammer Rulebook
    All WFB Army Books
    All WFB End Times Books
    All WFB Campaign Books/Boxes
    All magic cards
    Movement trays
    Templates
    Deathknell watch

No models or Black Library novels will be affected

Age of Sigmar preorders: 4th July
    Age of Sigmar release: 11th July
    via reader [URL="http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/06/age-of-sigmar-so-whats-in-a-name.html"] Sleibniz[/URL] on BoLS 6-11-2015

A quick summary of the Age of Sigmar Novel by A.Lanning:

I had the chance to spend about 20 minutes with the upcoming book Age of Sigmar by A. Lanning (a novel, not the game) that deals with the aftermath of the end times. The prologue makes it very clear that Sigmar survives and the whole plot takes place after the end times. Nothing that I have read suggests that there is any time travel involved. It is just a continuation of the story on a much broader scale. I think it is safe to say that the game of the same name follows the story of book and doesn't establish a totally different setting.

In the prologue Sigmar survives and pulls the winds of magics through the gap into the warp. In the process the pure untouched currents of the warp are tainted with the personifications of the winds - the Incarnates. This is the birth of eight new minor gods.

But most of the book is not about sigmar or the incarnate gods directly, only three chapters as far as I could see were written from their perspective. The rest of the book is an ordinary fantasy adventure story. The book follows Martellus Mann, a reikguard quartermaster who was slain in the end times, but is reborn in Sigmarshall, the domain of Sigmar.

I then skipped some hundred pages forward so I don't know what happened in the aftermath, but in the middle of the book, he has gathered a large party of heroes from many realms and realities in a quest for something called the spirit mill or soul mill or something like this. I know for sure that there are several worlds and that the protagonist can travel from one to the other but I didn't read a chapter where this was described in person and I don't know if this is part of the game world.

In the middle of the books there is a huge betrayal, sigmarshall is under siege by the armies of the chaos gods. incarnate fights against incarnate and all are cast out from the warp. Mann starts a search for sigmar in the believe that he was reborn somewhere. The second half of the book is set on a world called Regalia. And here it gets interesting: Regalia is the only area/realm/world that has a map in the book. Regalia looks like the old world or earth and has very familiar regions and city names, etc. But there are some huge alterations: there is no Ulthuan, but a huge landbridge that connects Canada with Scandinavia.

There are no elven or dwarven sounding cities or lands but strange sounding names in the Americas and Africa that don't fit any race of the old setting. There is no empire, but lots of different states in Europe and Asia - Nuln, Middenheim, etc are there, but Altdorf is not. There are more things you can deduce from the map if you assume that it represents the setting of the game, which I strongly think it does. Mann finally arrives in the city Heldenheim that is build in the Worlds Edge Mountains just in time to visit the crowning of emperor Karl Franz where he announces his plan to conquer the whole world. Mann thinks that he has found Sigmar and the book jumps to the epilog.

Sigmar is chained somewhere and starts to dwindle, but then he smiles and proclaims that his great work to eliminate the chaos once and for all has only started. He vows to conquer the warp.

I think it is pretty obvious that the game will be set in this new world. Why would they establish all this in the book when the game doesn’t use it at all, but I haven't seen any actual game material (though there is a slim chance that I get a glimpse this weekend - fingers crossed), so take this into account.
    via Dakka's [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1560/643158.page"]Sinalelbniz [/URL]6-16-2015

+++MAJOR NaCl Alert - You Have Been Warned+++

Age of Sigmar Description
    No, no, no. No square bases, no rank and file, no two game systems.

-------------------------

I had the chance to look thoroughly through the proper Age of Sigmar rulebook (the one that consists of three books) yesterday evening. Spent my time with the three books and ignored the novel in favour of the real interesting things. So I cannot fill in the blanks there. But maybe I have the opportunity to look at the rulebook and novel again and hopefully the age of sigmar box, too. But now I have a way clearer picture what’s coming and I’d like to share with you because I am very (!!!) excited, but I cannot provide any photos for obvious reasons. So if you don’t believe me, I don’t blame you. But please don’t attack me personally.

- Title of the rulebook is: Age of Sigmar: a Warhammer strategy game
    - first the basics (most of which are already known):
    - full fledged rule system; no skirmish game - meaning not restricted to low miniature count: 50 models on average, way lower possible, in general you use units but you can field an army consisting of only single models
    - everything is on round or oval bases (there paragraph that explicitly allows legacy and diorama bases, though);
    - 2 books: the rules (rules and scenarios) and compendium (pictures, unit cards and fluff)
    - there are unit cards for every (as far as I can see) old unit in the second book, including warhammer forge models and most or all special characters. Some units get the full treatment with a small fluff text, pictures of the actual miniatures and rules, some units get only rules with nothing more.
    - all new rules with complete new mechanics: think not of 40k 2nd -> 3rd but Warhammer 8th -> Bloodbowl, very compact and fast paced, huge emphasis on individual champions, magic and gods (don’t know how powerful, but these have the most rule pages)
    - no photos (and no artworks except some very generic drawings) of new miniatures except a couple chaos and human miniatures that are very likely from the Age of Sigmar box.
    - all the races are in, but some are clearly favored. There are few pictures of beastmen and lizardmen for example and some units like steamtanks, gunpowder units (Skaven and new-dwarfs use them still), etc. can only be fielded as mercenaries from a different world or summoned units (in case of most special characters, there is even a picture of a Teclis painted in ghost colors)
    - the tech level is between and ancient roman empire and early medieval times, lots of nomadic barbarian tribes, etc. But judging by to the age of sigmar miniatures the armour design draws only a little bit from history and is has a very stylized high-fantasy design instead
    - there are lots of different people, races, gods and lots of different alliances. The world is a lot more open minded than the old one, Empire-Orc Alliance would be unthinkable, but a human-waaghkin force is nothing unusual in this setting

Army building
    - you pick one or more gods that determine the theurgic or magic schools (don’t know what the difference is, sorry) you can use and how your champions get power-ups during the game. You can take several gods, but they have to be from the same pantheon - so no nurgle-sigmar armies, but Nagash-Morr is possible.Then you choose whichever unit you want - from every race. There is no limit as far as I can tell.
    - The only mechanic that I have spotted that limits the useful choices somehow is that most spells and special rules only affect units with certain traits, the powers of Grimgor (magic and gods are always connected, each lore has a patron god that grants the power) affects only mortals or enemy units in the proximity of mortals.
    - There are only rules for one pantheon in the rule book, all the other gods and pantheons are only mentioned in the fluff
    - Guardians of Regalia, a conglomerate native spirits and gods and lately some new gods, the incarnates Grimgor, Gelt and Nagash, there are thousand of gods and their relevance changes over time and in different regions, but there are seven big gods that have seven schools of magic associated with them and have rules in the book
    - Geshemet or Gesheket or something like this (male and female, fertility, natural disaster) is the head of the pantheon, the other six gods are dual pair of good and evil:
    two death gods: Nagahs and Morr
    two smith and labour gods: Hashut and Gelt
    two war gods: Grimgor and Myrmidia
    - five other pantheon get a page of fluff each, and additional minor pantheons/deities are mentioned in the fluff. The big five are Chaos, Sigmar, Cuth’adai (elven gods), Exoatl (old ones) and the triumvi-rats (Horned Rat + 2 more)
    - all characters can earn favor of their gods and get promoted just like the chaos champions until they reach apotheosis, this is also a huge mechanic in the game + you can field gods or at least their avatars, but only three incarnates have rules in the book

Rules
    - there is only one ruleset (don’t know what is in the AoS box, but in the book there is no distinction between skirmish mode and battle mode or something like this)
    - rules have nothing to do with the old warhammer rules,
    - profile is: Melee, Range, Might, Armour, Initiative, Resolve, Wounds, values from 1-6, lower is better
    - simple turn sequence: initiative -> player 1 unit 1 moves, shoots, casts -> p1 unit 2 moves, shoots, casts -> ... -> player 2 moves, shoots, casts -> melee
    - players roll always against each other, for example Melee vs Initiative and Range vs Initiative, Might vs Armour
    - units regenerate all lost wounds at the end of the phase
    - both sides in a melee fight simultaneously, winner can roll to fight instantaneously another round until one side is extinct or one side chooses to break from the combat
    - there is no moral system or combat resolution whatsoever, but unit can be bounced back
    - units use a 1” 40k formation without any facing
    - magic spells are all one-use only, when you use it, you have to discard the card
    - you can collect ascension points throughout the game and spend the point to buff your champions, mechanic depends on your god(s)
    - unit costs points as before, you are not allowed to field multiple units of the same kind unless the former unit have full strength - there are all kinds of unit sizes from 1-3 to 3-15 (that’s the highest I have seen), but you can field lots of different 1-man units
    - you don’t buy champions, a set number of models are automatically upgraded to champions, but you cannot exceed the limit
    - there are rules for different weapons, magic items, war engines, monsters, special rules, etc and a large section for scenarios and terrain, larger than the actual rules

Setting
    game is set on world Regalia that is connected with other young realms through portals of the old ones. Young realms are realms that were populated by the old creators and were guided on similar historical paths. They were untouched by chaos but this has changed since the arrival of sigmar (as a new faith) and archaon (as an actual emissary in flesh and blood)

there is no explanation (or just a brief one so that I have missed it) how this all came to be, just a description of the history of Regalia (and to a lesser extent some neighbouring realms)

On Regalia is dominated by hundreds of human kingdoms. Fast travel is possible through a number of stone circles that allows mages to open portal from one to another and a system of streams and seas under the earth that can be navigated by ship. There were a long period of peace curated by the Exoatl (Old Ones) that watched over the world from the North and Southpole. But then suddenly new faiths arrived, lots of human tribes started to pray to Sigmar and to conquer their neighbouring kingdoms. These lands are each independent, but are united in their faith to Sigmar. The history ends with the conquering of the Worlds Edge mountains and the crowning of the first emperor. At the same time, the first agents of Chaos arrived and began to corrupt the native people. A part of the Waaghkins rebelled against the old ones in favour of new gods, the Skaven arrived the first time, and in the south and east a death cult began to spread. The world is in turmoil. There are lots of unfinished story hooks so I think the story will be continued, but that might be wishful thinking.

humans are the majority in this world and they have kingdom and tribes everywhere, most of the known earth-inspired regions like cathay are there, but they are not described as fully flegded feudal nations but constantly changing petty empires and nomadic people ruled by warlords and champions of the gods. there are two factions of humans, the worshippers of sigmar and the polytheistic rest, both are not monocultural, but have different skin colors and cultures. Women fight beside men!

The dominion of sigmar is special, because they are the only ones that are reluctant to allow any other race than humans. They have only one god and their goal is to destroy all other gods and conquer their domains - for the greater good of the world of course. This has nothing in common with the Empire of the old world, except the heraldry, griffons are still en vogue. All tribes and city states and kingdoms are independent, the only common ground is their faith, the emperor is only a warlord with the purpose to expands the dominion towards the east. There a still knightly orders, zealots, witchhunters - so they retain some of their medieval flair but there are no state troops. There is no gunpowder, except from some dwarven imports, but they are known for using large warwaggons on their trek to the east. Kislec, Estalia, Araby, city states of Bretonnia, Norse and tribes of the Reiklands are part of the dominion. There are also some enclaves scattered across the world that are connected with magic portals

The Skaven arrived on their own on Regalia and are basically the same. Haven’t spent much time on them. They have now three gods called the triumvi-rat …..

Dawikorr (dwarfs) and Inneadim (elfs) have their own realms that are connected with Regalia. The Inneadim have outposts in America.

Dawikorr are only a legend on Regalia and nobody has seen them, but there are legends that they aid whorshippers of Sigmar in peril. They deliver the dominions of Sigmar with artifacts. They live underneath the world Karak Korr and guard the Soul Mill. Dawikorr have rules, so they can be fielded.

The Soul Mill is a huge machinery that allows minor deities to feed on the power of dead spirits or let them reincarnate or serve them as guardian hosts. It was built by the surviving dwarves of the old world on command of the Incarnates on a older machinery of the old ones. The dwarfs guard the soul mill and are aligned with Sigmar after the shattering of the Incarnates, but are under siege of the skaven that have found their way on this world and managed to steal two mighty souls that formed their new gods.

Inneadim whorship the dreamers, gods that have dreamt themselves, basically the elven gods. They live on their own world and protect the dreamchild. Under Araloth they founded enclaves on Regalia in search for the archelves, lost gods of their pantheon. They are a darker take on the elves, nightmare are as much part of their culture then dreams. They use necromancy and the death god Ynnead is at the centre of their pantheon. But they still live in symbiosis with the nature. The artwork shows an elf on a feathered mount, not like a chocobo, but more like a feathered raptor. the artbook shows pictures (and rules) from all existing elf armies.

Skaven and Dawikorr are the only races that use blackpowder, the rest of Regalia is on stuck on an ancient/medieval tech level. The Exoatl use magic techno gear. There is a certain level of anachronistic gear but it is not steampunk but powered by ancient magic. The only steampunk elements are in the Skaven and to a lesser extent the neo-dwarven fluff.

Chaos has no foothold in the north but is anywhere and consists of corrupted tribes and companies from every region of the world. The barbarian theme of the nomadic tribes is more associated with khorne than with chaos as a whole. Beastmen and demons are likely part of their faction because they are described in the same chapter (both in the fluff and unit cards), but demons can be summoned by everyone, so I don’t know for sure. And beastmen have very few pictures, so that’s a bad omen.

Waaghkins: orcs, goblins and are the servants of the old gods and live in a strict caste system, orcs are the manual laborers. There is a new race called nigmos: a tall and slender priest caste. Waaghkins travel the undersea, a system of flooded caverns that connects the whole world, on longboats and do the dirty work for the Exoatl. There is an artwork of the three different kinds of greenskins (no squigs and snotlings mentioned): an ork in very strange armour, very front heavy, textured like a symmetric turtle shell, he wields is an axe with multiple disc shape blades, goblin looked like a viking but has a futuristic looking handgun, the third was taller than a ork, female, slender - probably a nigmo. But in the photos of actual miniatures only show the old orc style. There is a subfaction of waaghkins that changed allegiance from the old gods to grimgor incarnate and are much more ferocious than their cousins.

undeads, deamons and spirits, and guardian hosts are used by every faction of the game, necromancy but not summoning is common in the dominion of Sigmar. The Inneadim are famous for their use of animated constructs. These things are not a big taboo in Regalia. However the most fearsome necromancers are (obviously) employed by the Empire of Nehekhara (which is not a desolate wasteland and has no egyptian vibe but is a rich and green country and feels more babylonian to me) and their death gods. But there is no Undead faction per se anymore. Vampires are called Necrarchs now.

Guardians hosts are troops that were granted by a god from another realm or the realm of the dead. They are living beings and have free will, but were brought to Regalia on the command of a deity.

- Lizardmen are not gone. There is a race called Servants of the Exoatl that guard the pole portals on flying pyramids, but no drawings and no fluff page (other races and tribess get at least half a page). They get unit cards for their old units (which confirms that they are simply lizardmen with a new name), but instead of beautiful pages with pictures like the rest of the bunch they get a simple list in the appendix of the compendium book.

Beastmen get the same lowkey treatment, but ogres get pictures and all, but I cannot say with which pantheon/faction they align. They are mortal, so you can use them in any the guardians of regalia army, but I don’t know if this is a stop gap solution or not.

Age of Sigmar box content:
    Extrapolated from the pictures, they are the only new models. If you think you get 3-5 UNITS for each side, you are wrong. you get 10-15 (haven’t counted) CHARACTERS per side. Each model is really individual and it is in no way possible to field the majority of them as a visual coherent unit. It is late and this summary is long as it is, so I make this brief, but I will come back later and add some info on the miniatures. Chaos looks very similar to the old style except the berserkers, the Sigmarite Force is completely different.

Missionary Force:
    3 Knights of the Order of Sigmars Blood, Roman looking armour but more bulky, leather Bands, swords and teardrop-shaped shields, champion is a woman
    a pair of vigilantes: Male and female, leathercloaked, tricorn, 2 hand-crossbows
    a hand full of heavy armoured warrior with different weapons and cloaks, almost knightly in appearance but completely over the top bulky, some have eagleshaped helmets
    One hooded, chainmail wearing, hammer wielding girl
    a bulldog
    standard bearer: naked, chains that are hooked into the flesh, very archaic looking
    one arabic looking guy with a two-handed scimitar and full armour
    one guy in rags that wields a chain that burns at both ends, very impractical looking

Chaos Cult:
    two outriders, basically chaos barbarians as we know them, but female
    ~5 berserkers: african looking, no armour, barefeet, clad in cloth stripes, two axes, bald and gaunt looking, not overly muscular, bone chain, both male and female
    three pristesses: flowing robes, sacrifical ziggzagged daggers, skullmasks
    two armoured harpies with spears and shields, crooked looking, feathered wings
    at least five chaos warriors similar in appearance to the old chaos warriors, very dynamic fur cloaks and poses, one of them bigger on a larger base, all male as far as I could see
    one large bloodletter, almost twice the size of a human
    the leader has armour that looks like a chaos dwarfish, very babylonic, rides a demonwolf, a juggernaut, but with flesh and fur and spikes
    some more viking-like infantry but with more chainmail
    That’s only a broad description. Every model is highly individual.

Sorry for the chaotic nature of the info, I spent the evening writing this in a very fast manner. This is only the tip of the iceberg and I will come back with a little bit more soon - hopefully in a more ordered fashion. If you have a questions or need specifics and a topic, feel free to ask, maybe I remember something of use.
    via "Mikhael" 6-22-2015

Regarding Age of Sigmar Product Changes

Retailers have been informed that these kits are will be pulled shortly after Age of Sigmar ships:

Empire Free Company
    Empire State Troops
    Empire Handgunners / Crossbowmen
    Empire Great cannon / Mortar
    Reiksguard / Knightly Order Box

Khorne Chaoslord on Juggernaut
    Galrauch
    Marauders of Chaos
    Warriors of Chaos
    Chosen
    Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
    There has been regular talk of BIG core product and range shakeups with the new Warhammer. This is only further fuel to the fire.

via Steve the Warboss 6-24-2015
    Age of Sigmar Contents

1x Empire General on Griffin
    5x Knights of Sigmar
    10x State Troops with Spears
    10x State Troops with Muskets

1x Lord of Khorne on Daemonsteed
    5x Chaos Knights
    10x Chaos Warriors

-No small rulebook
    -Full rules for all models
    -Small intro of the fluff (Humans only)
    -5 Scenarios to introduce players
    -Text is written very childfriendly
    via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/mengelminiatures"]Mengel Miniatures[/URL] (facebook) 6-2-2015

via [URL="https://twitter.com/Lady_Atia"]Atia [/URL](twitter) 6-25-2015

Age of Sigmar Teasers

Attachment 14800Attachment 14801

Via [URL="http://eltallerdeyila.blogspot.com/2015/06/age-of-sigmar-miniaturas-del-bando-del.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed%3A+ElTallerDeYila+%28El+taller+de+Y ila%29"]El Taller De Villa[/URL] 6-26-2015

The First Shots of the Age of Sigmar Miniatures are HERE.

Attachment 14826Attachment 14827
    Via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/spikeybitshobbies/permalink/881356485266065/"]Spikeybits Hobbies Page[/URL] 6/27/2015

Via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?410468-Age-of-Sigmar-Mk-II"]Warseer (Darnok)[/URL] 06-27-2015

The official part first: "Age of Sigmar" is the first box set in the "remake" of Warhammer, with the first pre-orders up on the 4th of July, to be released on the 11th.

The most recent of my bird singings:

Quote Originally Posted by Some Birdy
    Concerning models:
    humans much larger in scale than standard WHFB humans
    not just more bulky and differently proportioned, but I mean the models themselves stand taller, they're just a different scale as WHFB humans (each about the size of a Terminator)
    about the model compatibility, and they just went like "yeah well if someone really wants to use their old armies they can, but we didn't intend the new models and old models to be compatible, we think larger models are the way forward, blah blah"

Concerning rules:
    it's really for small battles and not as deep and strategic like LOTR was
    very simplified, seems intended for short quick beer & pretzel games, lots of random and little strategy
    no way you can use it for existing warhammer armies, so with the scale difference and incompatible rules I don't think there's any point in rebasing your existing collection
    'post it note' size of the rulebook is pretty much accurate
    very much revolves around your commander, which has elaborate special rules
    rest of the squads feels much as filler for the commanders to smash up and feel good about
    no info yet about anything planned for really large-scale battles

This box set is not the full deal though. There will be a "big rulebook" coming shortly afterwards. That one should cover larger battles, I have yet to hear anything definite on it though (unless I missed something ). Also, even if only a guess:

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    Oh .. this is just the tip of a very large pile of ... I mean iceburg. There is a a lot of stuff backed up ready for release. Did you mean weeks or months?
    I would expect to see nothing but more Humans and Chaos stuff for a couple of months along with a bunch of terrain (so folks can build 'new look' tables) and then the Skaven stuff to hit.
    Comment of mine: I have been told it'll be weeks rather than months of new "WHF" releases. And early August will see the "big Warhammer version"; this AoS is some kind of a game on its own - specifics should leak as soon as the GW store managers had their meeting on coming Monday.
    Via Turgol on [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?410468-Age-of-Sigmar-Mk-II/page6"]Warseer[/URL]

New rumour on Dakka, from Sad Panda: one free Sigmarite coming with White Dwarf.
    I have not seen that since like 94 with one... Space Marine!
    Via Captain Citadel

Age Of Sigmar Latest Prices & More

Age of Sigmar will be rather large gents. No armies will be phasing out, no army books for that matter. It will be a bit like chess, easy to learn but difficult to master. It can be played to any scale almost, small or large.

Rules will be free and releases this Saturday the 4th.

The story revolves around Sigmar's disappearance from the Fantasy world as he set up kingdoms of warriors to battle Chaos in this new age.

The starter will cost $125 and contain the two factions that has been rumored previously. The models will all be on round bases to be more dynamic (similar to 40k's stance).

And today's sales sheet that seems to support what were hearing currently.
    New Age of Sigmar Sale Sheet. Checkout these highlights folks;

Attachment 14842

Via Games Workshop and Lady Atia 6/29/2015

“Don’t worry. Warhammer Fantasy miniatures stay relevant. Old miniatures can still be used, however how you will play them has changed.””On the 4th of July all the new rules will be available digitally on the GW website for FREE – It will explain to you how the new game works”“The new rules for each miniature will also be in the newly rebranded boxes.
    Square bases and movement trays are gone.”“The new and rebranded products will now come with oval and round bases. However don’t worry, as you can play the game with any base shape”
    We have been informed the Age of Sigmar rules will include rules for EVERY EXISTING WFB miniature. So there will be zero miniatures that become obsolete.

Via Dr. Caligari 6-29-2015

White Dwarf
    - WD 75 WILL include a free Stormcast Eternal.
    - WD 75 will include all four pages of AoS rules in it.

Rules
    - There are no point values in Age of Sigmar.
    - All units will be represented by warscrolls.
    - If your side is severely outnumbered, there are several "Sudden Death" objective you can pick from that success will result in your victory.
    - Warscrolls have all the rules for the models with them.
    - New models will come with warscrolls in their boxes.
    - Army books are gone.
    - Bases will not matter.
    - Measurement is based on closest point of the models. (So yes, a sword that thrusts well past your base is where you'll be measuring from.)
    via Dr. Caligari 6-29-2015

- White Dwarf 75 states bases don't matter and show a small Nurgle group with round and square bases.

AoS World Information
    - Nine Mortal Realms, all based on the eight colours of magic, and Chaos makes nine.
    - Sigmar rules from Azyrheim, and when a Stormcast Eternal dies, he returns there.
    - Four Great Alliances:
    - Order: Stormcast Eternals, Steamhead Duardin (Dwarfs), Red Slayers (Mercenaries of sorts. Where the old Empire went?), Aelf, and Seraphon - reptilian warriors who appear out of nowhere.
    - Chaos: Fully combined army - beastmen, warriors, daemons, *does* include the Skaven.
    - Death: Undead.
    - Destruction: Orruks, Grots, Ogors, and ravening beasts beyond count.

Turn Sequence:
    Hero Phase - Spellcasting and Command Abilities used here.
    Movement Phase - Movement in inches, on warscrolls. 5" seems like the new standard. Cannot move within 3" of the enemy during the movement phase. Running is a d6 added to the distance. Flying ignores scenery and friendly models, but still cannot come within 3" of the enemy. Units that start the movement phase within 3" of the enemy can remain stationary or retreat (moving up to full movement away.)
    Shooting Phase - Units that ran or retreated may not shoot. Roll to hit and wound as normal.
    Charge Phase - Within 12" of enemy. Could not have ran or retreated that turn, nor be within 3" of enemy. Roll two dice and that's your charge distance. Must end within .5" of enemy or charge fails and no models move. No charge reactions.
    Combat Phase - Charge or units within 3" of enemy unit. Two steps: 1.) Pile in, may move models in unit up to 3" towards closest enemy model. 2.) Attack with melee weapons.
    Battleshock Phase - 2d6 + Casualties. For each point the total beats the unit's bravery, one model flees and is removed from play. Bravery is +1 for every 10 models in the unit when the test is taken.

Attacking Rules:
    Pick attacking unit, and target unit.
    1. Hit Roll. No WS vs WS, all to hit rolls are the same regardless of who target is. Based on Warscroll.
    2. Wound Roll. No S vs T, all to wound rolls are based on weapon on attacking unit's Warscroll.
    3. Save Roll. Save on Warscroll, modified by attacking unit's weapon Rend value.
    via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/spikeybitshobbies/"]Troy Cadiff (Facebook)[/URL] 6-29-2015

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1901410_10206233303247736_8924044793893832120_n.jpg 
Views:	2322 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	14850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10390051_10206233299367639_6266922749943997581_n.jpg 
Views:	2163 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	14851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11214717_10206233302247711_541842552898838757_n.jpg 
Views:	2153 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	14852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11220932_10206233302927728_4442700300490053198_n.jpg 
Views:	2106 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	14853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11659267_10206233304207760_8506056856695321932_n.jpg 
Views:	2072 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	14854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11692714_10206233301287687_7319786726654429160_n.jpg 
Views:	2048 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	14855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11703056_10206233303687747_7701452798318464572_n.jpg 
Views:	2230 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	14856
    Warscroll Pics via[URL="http://eltallerdeyila.blogspot.com.es/2015/06/reglas-y-battlescrolls-de-age-of-sigmar.html"] El Taller De Yila [/URL]6-30-2015

Name:	IMG-20150630-WA0029.jpg 
Views:	2428 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	14863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150630-WA0030.jpg 
Views:	2032 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	14864
    Last edited by Kesher; 07-01-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Fly Lord

Rumor Roundup CONTINUED

Age of Sigmar Pics via [URL="http://eltallerdeyila.blogspot.com.es/2015/06/reglas-y-battlescrolls-de-age-of-sigmar.html"]El Taller De Yila[/URL] 6-30-2015

Name:	IMG-20150630-WA0028.jpg 
Views:	1903 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	14865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150630-WA0031.jpg 
Views:	1733 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	14866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150630-WA0032.jpg 
Views:	1655 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	14867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150630-WA0033.jpg 
Views:	1638 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	14868
    via [URL="http://eltallerdeyila.blogspot.com/2015/06/mas-imagenes-prosecutors-en-detalle-y.html"]El Taller De Yila 6-30-2015[/URL]

Name:	10985053_1065016600192413_7815770800705147524_n.jpg 
Views:	2610 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	14877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11143670_1065016606859079_5536195191121308232_n.jpg 
Views:	1928 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	14878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11193226_1065016610192412_7733328703098617816_n.jpg 
Views:	2171 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	14879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11231744_1065016603525746_2980357524558856672_n.jpg 
Views:	2069 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	14880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11707567_1065016593525747_7622225314199775988_n.jpg 
Views:	2085 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	14881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11709582_1065016590192414_7500926835383667490_n.jpg 
Views:	1970 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	14882
    Last edited by Bigred; 06-30-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Age of Sigmar Roundup CONTINUED

via [URL="https://twitter.com/Lady_Atia"]Atia (twitter) 6-30-2015[/URL]

Name:	atia-002.jpg 
Views:	5411 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	14883
    "Ionos Cryptborn, first & highest of the Lord-Relictors, champ. from the realm below, plucked from his grave by Sigmar"

Name:	atia-001.jpg 
Views:	2516 
Size:	300.0 KB 
ID:	14884
    "Lord-Celestand Vandus and his Dracoth Calanax"

via[URL="https://twitter.com/Lady_Atia"] Atia[/URL] (twitter) 7-1-2015

Age of Sigmar (Formations) Batallions, round bases, and lore:
    ORIGINAL POST
    ------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    WD 74 WILL include a free Stormcast Eternal.
    - WD 74 will include all four pages of AoS rules in it.
    You mean 75?

74 is the current issue: [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/White-Dwarf-Issue-74-ENG[/url]
    Last edited by Kesher; 07-01-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Chapter-Master

via[URL="https://twitter.com/Lady_Atia"] Atia[/URL] (twitter) 7-2-2015

Name:	2015-07-02_1011_001.jpg 
Views:	1387 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	14893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-02_1011.jpg 
Views:	1419 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	14894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11693974_504859109671467_7061356289483609755_n (1).jpg 
Views:	3027 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	14895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-02_0956_001.png 
Views:	3866 
Size:	378.9 KB 
ID:	14896Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-02_0956.jpg 
Views:	1290 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	14897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-02_0955.jpg 
Views:	1537 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	14898
    New Terrain Spotted

via [URL="https://twitter.com/Lady_Atia"]Atia[/URL] 7-2-2015

Ophidian Archway
    Attachment 14899
    It looks like the first of the new range of Age of Sigmar terrain pieces is here.

via Wargamer 7-2-2015
    Age of Sigmar Sprues

Name:	2hx1wyf.jpg 
Views:	1365 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	14901

via GW 7-3-2015
    Free Rules & Warscrolls
    ...are out!
    Rules
    [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Rulesheets/warhammer-aos-rules-en.pdf"]Age of Sigmar Rules[/URL]

Warscrolls
    [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-beastmen-en.pdf"]Beastmen[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-bretonnia-en.pdf"]Bretonnia[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-daemons-of-chaos-en.pdf"]Daemons of Chaos[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-dark-elves-en.pdf"]Dark Elves[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-dwarfs-en.pdf"]Dwarfs[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-the-empire-en.pdf"]The Empire[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-high-elves-en.pdf"]High Elves[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-lizardmen-en.pdf"]Lizardmen[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-ogre-kingdoms-en.pdf"]Ogre Kingdoms[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-orcs-and-goblins-en.pdf"]Orcs & Goblins[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-scenery-en.pdf"]Scenery[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-skaven-en.pdf"]Skaven[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-tomb-kings-en.pdf"]Tomb Kings[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-vampire-counts-en.pdf"]Vampire Counts[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-warriors-of-chaos-en.pdf"]Warriors of Chaos[/URL]

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-wood-elves-en.pdf"]Wood Elves[/URL]
    via one of Gary's [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/aEbkCat-zUY/aos-realmgate-war-campaign.html"]birds[/URL] 7-5-2015

Regarding a "Big Rulebook" for Age of Sigmar

I’m hesitant to call it a “Summer Campaign”, because a majority of the
    bigger stuff will come out after the summer is over, but the big new
    selling point of AoS is going to be vast narrative campaigns and story
    arcs. The Realmgate War is going to be the first of these campaigns.

Future campaigns might be more focused, but RgW is primarily going to a
    walking tour of the new setting. The release pattering is going to be
    formulaic: Here’s the new world (Sans Azyr and Chaos, we go to them during
    the final), here’s the evil force that’s making everyone’s life awful,
    here’s the good force that’s going to liberate them. Inky, Blinky, Pinky,
    and Clyde each get their own named faction, and The Horned Rat and Nagash
    will each get their respective 15 minutes of fame.

Once all the new factions are introduced, and the war scrolls proper are
    put up, that’s when we finally get the BrB. Don’t think of this as 9th
    edition, think of this as the first expansion to Age of Sigmar. It’ll be
    much smaller than a core rulebook, but larger than a codex, and will look
    and feel a lot like the Horus Heresy books from FW. There will be rules
    for list building, missions, campaigns, as well as all the “advanced
    rules”, more rules for gods, magic, heroes, loot, more terrain abilities,
    and special rules for games on specific realm. Then there’s going to be a
    few weeks of 40k, followed by a few weeks to wrap up the Realmgate War.
    The conclusion will take the form of an actual, factual summer campaign, as
    the forces of order launch an assault on the forces of chaos undecided on
    their home turf, all while death and destruction go around making sure
    everyone’s having a bad day.

Then a few months later the cycle starts again. There’s going to be a few
    weeks of breathing time, setting up the campaigns, introducing characters,
    factions, and whatnot, followed by an expansion book that’ll expand on the
    rules and let people play their own mini campaigns, followed then a big
    conclusion with plenty of heroic deaths and things going south for everyone.

via birds in the trees 7-20-2015

- As mentioned, August holds Chaos terrain kits and Khorne minis.

- Look for a Khorne set of Blood Warriors with more weapon options.

- Look for 1-2 Khorne clampack characters.

- Into September look for a second Campaign book featuring Skaven, Dwarfs, Elfs, Tzeentch.

- Tzeentch will get a handful of new kits.

- There will be a very short 40K Tzeentch release window alongside the kits.

- Summer is rounded out by more Age of Sigmar racial kits then back to 40K for Fall.

Now add that on top of yesterday's set and a clearer picture starts to form:

via birds in the trees 7-18-2015

- August will focus almost entirely on Chaos

- Look for Chaos themed terrain

- New Khorne boxed sets to build off of what is in the AoS boxed set - basically the Khorne version of the Stormcast Eternal kits we've seen these past few weeks.

- Look for Tzeentch to make appearance at the tail end of August

- Tzeentch is said to getting lavish attention this year in both Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000. Whispers of the new all plastic Lord of Change abound.
    ------- original posts ----------------
    no way that measuring thing is true, that is ludicrous
    Last edited by Bigred; 07-20-2015 at 04:38 PM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Rumor Roundup Continued
    Age of Sigmar Introduction Campaign Missions:
    These missions form the 6-part campaign in the Age of Sigmar background book. Mission one is a basic introduction to the rules, while mission 6 is a wild free for all for all the marbles. The 6-part campaign covers Sigmar's opening moves to open the Gates of Azyr, and Lord Celestant Vandus Hammerhand's chance for justice (and a bit of vengeance mixed in) against the forces of Korghos Khul!

Each mission presents a larger board, with more scenery, and additional units, building upon the last mission. By Mission 6, both sides are using all the minis in the box and should have total familiarity with the 4-page rules. All in all, a very good training campaign for the new system - exactly what you should expect in a starter boxed set.

Original Post
    -----------------------

Hmm.

Steve The Warboss continues, despite being reliably wrong on most, if not all occasions.

Big post from Dakka already shown to be bollocks. Stuff about the novel is also quite possibly bollocks.

Me, gonna wait until I have it in my mitts.
    Last edited by Bigred; 07-09-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    If it is we may see the rise of the two foot long cannon.

Can we not have Steve the Warbosses "rumours" removed from the round up, given we know they are entirely false?
    Warseer refugee.

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_S View Post
    You mean 75?

74 is the current issue: [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/White-Dwarf-Issue-74-ENG[/url]
    Oops my bad - typo. All fixed.

FYI, all future Steve the Warboss will come with "Salt disclaimers" attached. I think it's best to be complete and include them, just so we have them down and can avoid multi-forum "rumor reverb".
    Last edited by Bigred; 06-29-2015 at 02:52 PM.

I'd say keep 'em.

Useful for future prognostication analysis.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I would normally agree with you, but a 4-page ruleset makes it possible. I would expect the rules to be super streamlined, so maybe...

Edge to edge makes just as much sense - after all, smaller bases gives no tangible advantage, as all measurements involving it get the same dimension.

There's also the worry of 'modelling for advantage' to consider.

But, time will tell.

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast