BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Reading the rules for Age of Sigmar, I'm amazed; they're basically everything good from Epic Space Marine 2nd edition!

This is weird. That was a great game system. I might actually get into this.

Big might, but still, might.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Indeed.

And don't forget to apply the unwritten rule - don't be a penis about things.
    But where's the line between a fair game, a slight advantage that is okay because in the end everybody wants to win and being the idiot that exploits the lack of a balancing mechanic?

First-Captain

Its so easy to break that there isn't really any point in it, I could drown you in hundreds Bloodthirsters or any number of silly things, when its so easy to do, whats the reward in it? It's a game, its so uncompetitive that there is nothing to gain by winning by abusing the opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Its so easy to break that there isn't really any point in it, I could drown you in hundreds Bloodthirsters or any number of silly things, when its so easy to do, whats the reward in it? It's a game, its so uncompetitive that there is nothing to gain by winning by abusing the opponent
    which is why you don't play hundreds of bloodthirsters and abuse the opponent: no gain.

the problem is solved when you refuse to play stupid powergamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    But where's the line between a fair game, a slight advantage that is okay because in the end everybody wants to win and being the idiot that exploits the lack of a balancing mechanic?
    Largely, the eye of the beholder. Those who forget it's a game, and meant to be fun for all will remain a problem.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Has anyone noticed the rules for Sigvald the Magnificent? You get to reroll saves as long as you're looking at yourself in the mirror!

And the Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount? If your real-life opponent looks you in the eye during the assault, you get to subtract 1 from his to hit rolls in assault!

I wonder how many more of these crazy meta-rules there are?

EDIT: Cockatrice rules allow you to have a staring contest with your opponent to improve its dice rolls; of course, said rolls become more difficult if you lose.

This game is nuts. I totally approve.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 07-04-2015 at 06:15 AM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Loads. I listed a few [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?56937-Age-of-Sigmar-Rumor-Roundup&p=502312&viewfull=1#post502312"]here[/URL].

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Largely, the eye of the beholder. Those who forget it's a game, and meant to be fun for all will remain a problem.
    My idea of a fun game is that both sides have a decent chance of winning. How do I not unintentionally unbalance the game, especially in smaller games that I prefer

Chapter-Master

it is going to be a nightmare balancing armies for people who do want a competitive game
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    My idea of a fun game is that both sides have a decent chance of winning. How do I not unintentionally unbalance the game, especially in smaller games that I prefer
    Then don't unbalance the game?

Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast