BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Chapter-Master

Default 40kGamers EPIC modeling thread

Hi Everybody!

With all the uncertainty surrounding the new Age of Sigmar and the 7th Edition of 40k being the only current GW offerings I've done what any self respecting fanatical player would do, shelved both of the current games and circled back to the simpler times of yesteryear... it's the perfect time to modernize my armies for EPIC 40k! Quick run down for anyone who didn't grow up in the EPIC era... there are 4 editions of the game and personally I find all of them fun for different reasons.

1st - Adeptus Titanicus/Codex Titanicus (Super detailed system that is great for Titan only battles)
    2nd - Space Marine (Streamlined from 1st - Great for Large battles involving Titans, tanks and infantry)
    3rd - Epic 40k (Super streamlined to the point that the existing playerbase mostly hated it and it failed to bring in significant new players - Still the rules are solid and you can play massive games)
    4th - Epic Armageddon (An effort to revitalize the game by blending 3rd into 2nd... arguably the best overall edition of the game but lacked the breath of earlier versions as it was canceled before all races were brought up to date)

So onto the painting part. I decided to start by modernizing my titan legions... First up is WIP for the Eldar Titan Clan Fir Iolarion (The Eagles Born of Fire) This is a modernized vision of the original scheme from Codex Titanicus as it replaces the Metallic Brass trim with a more Eldar like Yellowish bone Colour. I still need to add the banners and take pictures of these guys with their feet painted (I updated the feet to the Yellowish bone colour too...)

But for starters here's a 80% complete WIP of the first Phantom Titan Group:

And the first Pair of Revenants

And the most time consuming model of the bunch the Warlock Titan

Next round of pictures will include the Eldar Knights which offer up 9 different sculpts of awesomely weird models. Cheers.
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 07-07-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves