BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyranids

Veteran-Sergeant

Default The Tyranids

I just had a look at the galactic map for the nids in the 5th edition rulebook and something struck me as quite odd. Not all the fleets are invading from the galactic south.

From the south are Leviathan and Hydra
    From the south east are Behemoth and Colossus
    From the east is Kraken
    From the north east is Jormungandr
    From the north is Moloch

This made me question just how many galaxy's the Tyranids have already devoured as they are appearing from multiple directions unless the galaxy they are coming from is far larger than our own.

What are your views on this??

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, i always presumed that they attacked diffrent galaxies at diffrent points, not just one at a time. So yeah, I suppose they must be being attracted from nearby galaxies theyve already consumed, but in diffrent places. And, maybe, Leviathan and Hydra are part of the same fleet, and Behemoth followed Colossus after the rebellion between the Zoats and Tyranids.

They might have attacked several galaxies before at once, who says they aren't doing this right now

But I think that they came from the same direction and that the hive mind just decided to outflank this galaxy, it won't suprise me to see a fleet attacking the west side in the next update of the nids codex

Veteran-Sergeant

I suspect really that the Tyranids have devoured multiple galaxies, so unless something really out heir happens, the nids will just eat everything.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew283 View Post
    I just had a look at the galactic map for the nids in the 5th edition rulebook and something struck me as quite odd. Not all the fleets are invading from the galactic south.

From the south are Leviathan and Hydra
    From the south east are Behemoth and Colossus
    From the east is Kraken
    From the north east is Jormungandr
    From the north is Moloch

This made me question just how many galaxy's the Tyranids have already devoured as they are appearing from multiple directions unless the galaxy they are coming from is far larger than our own.

What are your views on this??

You're missing the possibility that the attacking swarms are just scouting tendrils. If this is true then the main body of the Tyranid fleet would likely be larger/wider then our galaxy. The end result would be like a lawn mower rolling over a single weed.

Veteran-Sergeant

Lol that would be hilarious steakhouse. I suppose it would'nt matter anyway because the imperium and everyone else is still screwed

Brother-Sergeant

But there is still hope! As long as we keep giving our money to GW they won't be forced to end it all by having the tyranids eating everything! They did the same thing with the squats. (oops, reset the clock)

Veteran-Sergeant

Im not sure why, I just had this odd image of the Hive mind walking into a restraunt and ordering the human galaxy, washed down with squats. Hmmm.

You're looking at the galaxy in 2 dimensions. Maybe it's one fleet coming from below (or above) and they're just securing the perimeter before the bulk of it ploughs through the middle...

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, since we're looking at the Galaxy in 3 diminsions, I could see another fleet coming in from the top of the galaxy...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast