BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Tyranids

Battle-Brother

Leviathan attacked from below the galatic plane an got 15000 lightyears from terra so soon even the Big E will be a side dish, iam think crustry bread roll :P

Ive allways imaged it like droping a snooker ball into a lake tyranids may have imense numbers but only so much can contact the ball at one time which means they cant bring there numbers to bear .

Chaplain

i was under the impression that the smaller tyranid hive fleets were scouting parties sent to investigate the biomass of the galaxy before behemoth, but were unrecorded for a long time (the areas effected were less populated than the bigger fleets). it would make sense to come from different directions to detect where the greatest amount of biomass in the galaxy is. behemoth, kraken, & leviathan are more like battle groups sent in to test the resistance in the sectors that were previously scouted. the hive mind would want to see if there were any weaknesses in the defenses that a large fleet could exploit. the only way to do that effectively would be to come from multiple directions. this assumes that the hive mind thinks rationally in the way of proceeding towards its goal.
    just my 2 cents.
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Chaplain

The Milky way isn't a particularly large galaxy.

The tendrils are just the vanguard. No-one really knows how big the actual tyranid gestalt actually IS.

Veteran-Sergeant

The way I see it, the Imperium is not doomed as long as crafty Inquisitors keep throwing orks in the way...

Operation 'Get behind the Greenskins' is go!

Veteran-Sergeant

The Orks will probably crush the nids. I mean, they counterattacked into the path of the hive fleet. Thats amazing.

Veteran-Sergeant

"The Orks will probably crush the nids."

Are you mad. The nids will destroy everything in the galaxy and will not stop until they do

Battle-Brother

I always rather like the theory that, not only is the main mas of the Tyranid mind HUGE but that rather than deliberatly invading they're running from something-Something that forced them from thier galaxy/galaxies and they're just OMNOMNOM'ing the path of least resistance.
    "Impefection is Death!"-Rasscare 'The Imperious' Vallax, Warlord of The Golden Brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor McSagington View Post
    I always rather like the theory that, not only is the main mas of the Tyranid mind HUGE but that rather than deliberatly invading they're running from something-Something that forced them from thier galaxy/galaxies and they're just OMNOMNOM'ing the path of least resistance.
    I've thought about that, too. And THAT lead to a further question...What about the other galaxies? Do they have their own separate Warps, or does the Warp exist beneath the entire Universe? And, what happens if the Necrons wake up and shut down the Warp, what will that do to the Hive Mind?

Veteran-Sergeant

Johnny Trash, you are blowing my mind.

Has anyone been able to figure exactly what Hive Fleet was involved on Anphelion? If I understand the book correctly, Inquisitor-Lord Varius imported Tyranids to the moon for study, but they escaped and overran the complex, killing everyone who couldn't get offworld. But from where did Varius get his sample organisms in the first place? Which Hive Fleet was it?

In any case, Anphelion has become the birthing ground of a new splinter fleet and it's spreading from there.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Johnny Trash, you are blowing my mind.

Has anyone been able to figure exactly what Hive Fleet was involved on Anphelion? If I understand the book correctly, Inquisitor-Lord Varius imported Tyranids to the moon for study, but they escaped and overran the complex, killing everyone who couldn't get offworld. But from where did Varius get his sample organisms in the first place? Which Hive Fleet was it?

In any case, Anphelion has become the birthing ground of a new splinter fleet and it's spreading from there.
    i am not sure that it say where they get samples from but they only made a few little broods using samples collected which then evolved into other higher forms which then got out of hand.

they problay killteams to collect things like stealers from space hulks etc or from worlds that had an invasion but won then captured some remaining nids.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast