BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Cons:

The use of Within throughout the rules. Target friendly unit within 12" - check with the measuring tape and it's exactly 12 inches away and so you can't use the ability/spell you were about to use as the friendly unit is not within 12".
    So you're complaining that ranges are not 1/32" larger? Would that really make a difference?

Wait a sec are you complaining this game requires placement tactics? incorrectly placing your models is your own fault just because that oversized base does not really count anymore its automatically unfair? that's not a con that's standard in any game with measurement.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

It says within not up to so that means you can't do something unless it is within x range.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

So you don't mind having your entire army going backwards just because the furthest part of the model is the cloak which sticks 2 inches out the back?

Or to be exact, when you finish your movement you place your models facing backwards so that your shooting attacks and charge range is closer?
    Last edited by RGilbert26; 07-04-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

It says within not up to so that means you can't do something unless it is within x range.
    I'm afraid you're going to have to explain your personal definitions at length before anybody outside your head understands why you think that's stupid. Possibly also your mathematical philosophies.

So you don't mind having your entire army going backwards just because the furthest part of the model is the cloak which sticks 2 inches out the back?

Or to be exact, when you finish your movement you place your models facing backwards so that your shooting attacks and charge range is closer?
    To gain that increase in shooting and charge range, you have to lose 1.6 times as much move range, because the hem of the cloak moves as you rotate the model.

Well explain to me what within means then?

Okay so you don't turn at the end, you spend the entire game going backwards, yup makes sense.

Both "within" and "up to" can mean "less than" or "equal to or less than," depending on context. That's why we have mathematical operators, because unlike words they're unambiguous. However, since the (practical) difference between "less than" and "equal to" is the smallest gradation on the tape measure (1/32 of an inch, which is much, much smaller than the error you get just from holding the tape measure at an angle), there is no reason to overheat your brain about it. It's not that it'll never come up, but when it does, you'll never be able to be sure it did.

Why spend the entire game going backwards when you could just deploy a little further forwards in the first place? It's not like you're deploying wrt the base, after all. You're deploying wrt the whole model, just like all the other measurements.

and anyone who needs to relies on such a silly tactic out of the spite of a little advantage does not do it for fun but rather for a advantage in a competitive setting here's a idea just for you change your models to empty base's with a number corresponding model and play that way then you have boring game of base's imagination of the models... have fun?
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Oh get off your high horse and don't make an assumption on how I would play the game.

Then why did you waste time and keystrokes listing it?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast