BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

After playing through a few games of Age of Sigmar, it's very clear that it is no relation to WFB. It's not a new version. It's not a spiritual successor. It's a totally different style of game that happens to occur within the same setting, but should not be considered in the same genre. Which is sad.

I do think AoS has the potential to be a good game. I'm just not sure why GW felt they had to take away WFB as well.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

First-Captain

I think they've always been clear on that, from the name change to the fact they ended the entire Old World, this is a clean break, a new idea and a new game. This isn't Fantasy Battle, thats over and done with, this is Age of Sigmar, its a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    Word is, GW are going to be nice and give rules out for free for "all existing models."

People are upset (I feel legitimately) because the new game does not seem to resemble the game GW is replacing.
    Should I consider myself odd that I found the previous edition of fantasy extremely boring? I can't be the only one.

I'm loving the new game and the silly rules that are with some of the units. I'm also finding it very funny that people are rage quitting over AoS.

There's a guy at my local GW who essentially had a big strop over AoS and what did the Manager do? During his lunch break he went and bought the guy a Sympathy card :P
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Brother-Captain

First off, I'm just going to post this:

Second, I have to say that while it may be amusing to see anyone get butthurt over something -- it's still a little crass to dance on the ashes of a game that, as has been said by others, now no longer exists and for all intents and purposes (from a GW point of view) will never be seen again; because by dancing that little jig of laughter, you're doing so upon an open wound in the hearts and minds of many gamers who devoted the past 25+ years to the hobby of Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

WFB is gone and AoS is here to stay. I'm sure many gamers will react in adverse ways to this, especially considering that convoluted piece of swiss-cheese they call a rule set. But GW isn't likely to do much even if AoS fails. Their models will sell quite a bit, especially because (as my meme so clearly explained) WH40K fans will be buying up those Sigmarites (being called Sigmarines) faster than you can blink.

Lastly, like I said in a thread almost a month back, if I don't like AoS, I'll just stick with 8th.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Meh don't care if people have spent tons of money on the hobby and spent many years playing it. I'm in the same boat however I like the new game and so I'm going to carry on laughing at anyone who has a hissy fit.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    I'm loving the new game and the silly rules that are with some of the units. I'm also finding it very funny that people are rage quitting over AoS.

There's a guy at my local GW who essentially had a big strop over AoS and what did the Manager do? During his lunch break he went and bought the guy a Sympathy card :P
    Did he season his lunch with the salt from the tears?

Heh, no.

Those of us who signed the card were expecting him to storm out of the store upon opening it, however he saved it till later...

Okay people lets have a look at the positives

First of all the war scrolls are available online for free this means if a model becomes stupidly over powered they can be changed quickly without needing to sell you a new book and you can spend that money on the plastic crack we all know and love.

Second all the rules are easy to understand no fiddling about with over complex stuff and also everyone knows the rules because there on the models war scroll to prevent the you know that guy who adds words into his army book praying you don't know his army to get a small handicap till you call him out yes this has happened to me a number of times when I was new.

Thirdly introduce a newbie to the game its the skill level of zombieside rules... that game took my sis who was completely new to pick it up and play it in 30 mins and had a blast.

Now give me some cons and please make them realistic not "well its not warhammer fantasy"
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Cons:

The use of Within throughout the rules. Target friendly unit within 12" - check with the measuring tape and it's exactly 12 inches away and so you can't use the ability/spell you were about to use as the friendly unit is not within 12".

Measuring from the model not the base, check to see how far away you are from enemy - 10", roll dice and get 9". Look at unit and then notice that if you had turned them so that their weapon which is 2" over the base was pointing towards the enemy unit you wanted to charge and discover you would have successfully made the charge.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast