BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Salamanders Land Raider

Salamanders are a chapter that will always be close to my heart. Over the years, I've painted up quite a few for clients, as well as quite a number for myself.

Here's a tank that I did for a client just a little while ago- this one had all of the Forge World and Chapterhouse bells and whistles to go with it:

Last edited by odinsgrandson; 07-15-2015 at 08:19 AM.

www.GardenNinja.com

Chapter-Master

Very nice paint work and weathering... Only quibble is I think the doors are reversed.

How did you acheive the faux scales look on the front track armour?
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chaplain

Very salamandery, nice job man. Not too overboard on the flames is nice to see.

Scout

Incredible.. I really love the tracks!
    Salamanders are so thematic

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post

Here's a tank that I did for a client just a little while ago- this one had all of the Forge World bells and whistles to go with it:
    Actually a lot of those bells and whistles are parts from Chapterhouse Studios, not Forge World. Only the doors are a FW product, all the scaly armour plating & weapon housings are from Chapterhouse.

Can see the kit [URL="http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=85_78&product_id=181"]here[/URL] (though weirdly some of the parts shown in the photo are not the parts you actually get in the kit).
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Actually a lot of those bells and whistles are parts from Chapterhouse Studios, not Forge World. Only the doors are a FW product, all the scaly armour plating & weapon housings are from Chapterhouse.

Can see the kit [URL="http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=85_78&product_id=181"]here[/URL] (though weirdly some of the parts shown in the photo are not the parts you actually get in the kit).
    Thanks for the info. I'll edit my post to include credit where credit is due.

40k Gamer- the scales are part of the sculpt- so all I had to do is highlight them.

www.GardenNinja.com