BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Age of Sigmar Compendiums are up.

[url]www.games-workshop.com/age-of-sigmar-compendiums[/url]

The rules and all warscrolls for each army are up!

Just had a peep at the Ogre stuff.

Very interesting! Gnoblars increase their individual attacks with their unit size...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Night Gobbo formation means I get +1 to attacks if I wear a hood!

Can't think of a bigger middle finger to the 'strict competitive play is the ONLY WAY AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG' crowd.

This is really quite different to any game I've played before...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Can't think of a bigger middle finger to the 'strict competitive play is the ONLY WAY AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG' crowd.

This is really quite different to any game I've played before...
    I can't disagree with this at all. I think it is a long time coming, actually, but I don't know if it will be worth the overall cost in the long run.

Considering some of the ability requirements, though, it would actually be worth while to get some guys tipsy and have them play with some of them. Particularly the Empire's Mad Count.

Fly Lord

TADA - A special present from Games-Workshop

[URL="http://trade.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Island-of-Blood-AoS-Warscrolls-Compendium.pdf"]Island of Blood Warscrolls[/URL]

Contents:
    Warscrolls
    High Elf Prince on Griffon
    High Elf Mage
    Ellyrian Reavers
    High Elf Swordmasters of Hoeth
    Lothern Seaguard

Skaven Warband
    Clanrats
    Warlock Engineer
    Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team
    Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team
    Pack Master
    Rat Ogres

Batallions
    Althran Stormrider's Host
    Skreet Verminkin's Horde

Interesting to see them produce this - perhaps destined to be a new insert to allow GW to keep this product on the shelves?
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

They're not keeping them on the store shelves, but it does seem they had a lot of unsold copies, so this would give them a better chance of selling those. Though I'd imagine they would have kept them on the site then... but people might be tempted to buy them over the new AoS box, given that they present a lot more models.

So probably just something for people who already had the box. (Or *maybe* to help the managers sell their last boxes before they send them back.)

Fly Lord

Yeah - that's a tough on for GW. They want to sell excess inventory, but the very existence of it undermines the current "8 Realms" universe.

I'm assuming they go with whatever approach gets them more $$$.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Actually, the answer was in the URL... That site is for GW to put stuff for independent retailers to use. So independent retailers could give people the warscrolls if they bought old Isle of Blood sets. It might seem like something nice to do for indies, but I also think it seems rather helpful in convincing people to play AoS rather than WFB (where they get a rulebook in the IoS box).