BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Necrons in January?

Here's a tidbit I just found on warseer:

Hello, I can't start a thread.

I have some information regarding the development of a Necron codex. I do not normally come on Warseer, but thought you would appreciate this information – hence the small number of posts. You have no reason to put faith in me – and I am not prepared to prove my validity at potential detriment to my career. I do not want to specify my exact employment with Games Workshop for this reason.

Necrons have completed the initial concept phase of their line expansion. Release schedule is currently for January 2011.

This conceptual phase has been stop-start for some time – it is a product range that has massive potential, and Games Workshop have been very uncertain of the most lucrative theme by which to capitalise on its fanbase. The development is considered a high-risk investment – a commitment problem that the team is well aware of, and is exacerbated by there being multiple such high-risk line expansions currently being pursued.

3 multi-part plastic kits have been finalised as:

- Immortals
    - Spyders
    - The Necromancer

Immortals are on a large (35mm) base; they are redesigned as larger, bulkier and more dynamic.

Spyders have 3 different builds

The Necromancer is the central sell of the line expansion and has been the focus of much of the early design process. It has been through several incarnations (and names), but is essentially of the same principle as the Bone Giant for the Warhammer Fantasy range. It has a mechanised skeletal torso housing a suspended crystal, and will likely have a choice between two horrific weapons.

That is all the information I can disclose. I will not post any more.

I would like to add that development staff are getting very frustrated by headquarters’ increasingly tyrannical policies – within and between departments – with regards to information restriction. It’s absurd, and unnecessary.

Here's the link:
    [url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249667[/url]
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Hmm.. well that's surely intresting..

Not sure if its real or not but it does seem in keeping with what rumors are out there. As a Necron player the date of 01/11 kind of leaves me cold. (its so far away!) But better late than never right?

The necromancer sounds like a fun and useful modle. Having my own WraithLordish guy sounds right. Not liking the name so much. Neuromancer? Oh! Nanomancer... yeah.. that would be groovy.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 05:03 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Librarian

EVERYTHING points to a complete rewrite of the Necrons, much like Orks in 2008 (a metric crapton of models and kits out at once)
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Brother-Captain

A spokesperson at Forgeworld confirmed that both Necrons and Dark Eldar are getting a complete rewrite. GW has put a hold on Necron/DE rules from Forgeworld because they would not mesh with the new codices, and it wouldn't make sense for Forgeworld to release models or special rules for an army that is changing so drastically in the next year or so.

The goal release date of Jan '11 meshes well with rumors that Dark Eldar are getting a Fall '10 release.

Librarian

I'd call BS on this poster working for GW. The little "Freedom Fighter" speech seems like it's just there to gain credibility. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if most of what he said was true, he isn't really going out on any limbs (excepting the Necromancer idea).

Immortals/spyders as a multipart plastic? Sounds obvious. More options for units? Of course. Like Herald says... Everything points to a full rewrite.

Also, anyone else like the idea of the Robot Army being released on 01 01 11?

Veteran-Sergeant

If I was on the design and development team it would frustrate the hell out of me to be so severely restricted from discussing and engaging with the community and target base when working on a product and hobby of this nature. There seems to be a current obsession with dropping fully fledged products on to us with little warning as a fete accompli. The fear of industrial espionage seems to be more akin to some IT companies and wholly misplaced. GW does not really have any competitors in the little men range as far as I can see that would warrant the 'tyrannical approach' described. We see an awful lot more about computer games in development without any harm.

The transition from small town fringe hobby to international concern has perhaps led to a distancing of culture. This is a shame. Those of us who care about the hobby enough to be interested in future developments tend to be hard core hobbyists (also more mature ahem,) are not going to spend less on minis due to knowing about what is coming- and the kids who get their parents to buy them some space marines for a while before dropping it would not have a clue about the greater debate or ideas being discussed.

I think the hobby would benefit from the leash being slackened a tad -

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post

--- well observed! Does anyone know how to translate binary?
    Last edited by ggg; 03-15-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: time

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Hes either very well informed and works at Nottingham or a very sad little man. I cant decide which yet.
    I'd call BS on this poster working for GW.
    Yeah, the poster doesn't have any real credibility. It was literally his first post on warseer, iirc. We do have some other, more reliable rumors hinting that necrons are coming up, though, so it is possible.

Personally, I don't get worked up over rumors much anyways, so if this turns out false, no big deal.

I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Occuli Imperator

This seems neat, but after the mess that was the 'leaked PDF,' for Blood Angels I am VERY skeptical.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast