BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Question Adding some form of balanced house ruling organiztion to your AOS games :)

Temporary balancing system I have just come up but I need the help of others because I play chaos it could claim to be unfair to some so lets get cracking I play daemons of chaos so far here's the pattern of all the daemons.

There is Monster types (has a special wound mechanic)
    Great unclean one

There is War Machine (has crew mechanic)
    Daemons don't have one

There is Hero types
    Epidemius (Herald on a mount as said at the bottom)
    Herald of Nurgle
    Great unclean one

There is Horde types (these units have a horde ability)
    Plaguebearers

There is Special types (these units come in 3 just like horde but stronger)
    Nurglings
    Plague Drones

There is Elite types (these are single units but can have more)
    Beast of nurgle

There is a somewhat similar pattern with all the 4 chaos gods too but I need help with the other army's so I am not unfair towards them when coming up with this balanced system.

But so far in a game I have tried it and it feel's somewhat balanced but not concrete yet so bear with me please

1 slot for Monster for the hole army
    1 slot for War Machine per 4 units but may only have 2 for the hole army
    1 slot for Hero per 3 units in your army
    must take 2 units of Horde types in your army
    1 slot for Special per 2 units in your army
    1 slot for Elite per 4 units in your army

Now if a model use's multiple slots it takes each one so for instance a great unclean one would use 1 monster and 1 hero slot so I would need 2 horde units then 3 additional units to take another hero slot. sorry if its confusing I am not good with words

So a prime example if I was playing a game with 6 war scrolls

1 Great unclean one as my general (monster and hero slot)
    2 hordes of 20 plaguebearers (makes up the requirement's)
    1 unit of 7 nurglings (because swarms are nasty)
    1 unit of beast of nurgle (because I have 4 units and beast kill)
    1 herald of nurgle (as he counts as a unit and the 6th unit)

Hope this helps somewhat make people feel there is more balance rather then complaining
    Last edited by Xaric; 07-06-2015 at 12:42 AM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Okay this is my new revamped of the balance force org to age of sigmar so far tested it and it works well but that's just my daemons vs my daemons as a sort of play testing and its been 6 games with rotation of warscrolls of 6 and I must say feels really balanced.
    Last edited by Xaric; 07-06-2015 at 12:43 AM.

Smile

Me and my gaming group were thinking to play it's x many warscrolls or you do x many wounds. Example.
    a 40 wound game could be 40 clan rats or 10 minotaurs or whatever combination u want. The wound one kinda feels like the best choice so far.
    Purge the Weak!

you could also play formation only battles where army's can only consist of the formation provided in the war scrolls at the bottom.

We've been testing this:

1 formation each plus 2 warscrolls

maximum wounds per warscroll is:

if a unit of one wound models has a regimental bonus, they can have up to 10 wounds over their maximum number for regimental bonus (ie: orc archers can be 30, goblins can be 40).

if a unit has no regimental bonus or has more than one wound / model the maximum wounds for the unit is 20.

Add ons to units count as part of the warscrolls (ie: crew with a cannon) - (we didn't have to use this with our armies this time)

thus far it has seemed balanced and fun. easily expanded to larger games by adding more warscrolls. formation requirement is so that people have to take "core" units and not just elite spam, but could easily be done with just warscroll wound limit with the other restrictions above.