BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Chapters That Use Stormtalons & Stormravens

Hello,

I'm thinking about creating a space marine air cav list. Just wondering what chapters are known to use Stormtalons & Stormravens. I already know Blood Angels and Grey Knights are known to use them. Any other chapters?

Chaplain

I know one of the formations for the Flesh Tearers features a mandatory Stormraven.

All Codex chapters and their successors have access to the Stormtalon and Stormraven.

The Blood Angels and Grey Knights definitely use Stormravens, but the GKs don't have Stormtalons and I'm unsure if the Blood Angels do.

The Space Wolves, Dark Angels and their successors don't, they use other aerial vehicles.

So basically every Marine chapter you can think of with the above exceptions can have 'em. Basically, if your Chapter is covered by Codex: Space Marines (which is most of them), you're golden.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

The Hawk Lords, an Ultras successor, "heavily favours the use of their various gunships, and so are unsurprisingly the undisputed masters of aerial combat amongst the Adeptus Astartes. It is not unknown for pilots from other Chapters to hone their piloting skills while on secondment to a Hawk Lords Talon Wing. "

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by David Crossley View Post
    The Hawk Lords, an Ultras successor, "heavily favours the use of their various gunships, and so are unsurprisingly the undisputed masters of aerial combat amongst the Adeptus Astartes. It is not unknown for pilots from other Chapters to hone their piloting skills while on secondment to a Hawk Lords Talon Wing. "
    I think the [URL="http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Hawk_Lords"]Hawk Lords[/URL] are the way to go. Another quote:

When the Second Founding of the Space Marines was decreed seven years after the death of Horus and the end of his Heresy, most of the old Loyalist Legions divided into fewer than 5 Successor Chapters, but the Ultramarines were divided many times. The existing veteran pilot formations of the Ultramarines 21st Chapter became a part of the newly founded "Hawk Lords" Chapter.
    So basically a chapter made up of all of the good pilots from the Ultramarines. Love it.

Thanks! Now I have to make a list

Every loyalist marine chapter except Space Wolves and Dark Angels have access to Stormtalons and Stormravens.

Grey Knights only use Stormravens.

Space Wolves decided they didn't like the way they looked and created their own 2 versions on the same airframe.

Dark Angels decided they didn't want to be like everyone else so GW stuck a flying transport up their balloon knot. They have yet to find it.

On a different note, they all can take the FW Storm Eagle and Xyphon Interceptor.
    Last edited by Storm96; 07-12-2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: addition