BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I genuinely think it must be harder for Chaos to subvert an entire M.41 chapter into renegades, than it was to turn Primarchs who after all, were 'got at' when they were quite literally in the womb. From then on the legions were going to mostly follow their primarchs into heresy.
    In the few instances I can think of It would seem perhaps that most of the modern Renegades were chased away from the Imperium by the Imperium/inquisition over deep geneseed mutations in the second founding or through other un-genetic problems like the Relictors or ole Huron, which based on fluff, may have also involved some level of trickery/influence on the part of chaos to sort of set in motion the overbearing hand of the imperium. either way these groups are often specifically noted as having being down to a single company and split between those who stayed loyal and those who went rogue, which gets to me to my thought I want to throw in there

sort of thinking about for example German Sheppards as dogs, incredibly meticulously bred for their purpose and when done so are a near neurotic dog without top down organization from leadership pack or handler, often known to develope debilitating anxiety when not trained and socialized properly.

Perhaps its not so different for even the modern post HH conditioned marines, I assume that in a situation where a single marine or even a sqaud is totally cutoff/lost that the one marine/sqaud could over the long term of their stranded period go totally bonkers and basically become prone not neccesarily to chaos immediately but just to pure aggression towards anything that bugs it for howeverlong they can live without rations/off the land. or maybe itll be like that one japanese soldier that defended his emplacement into the 1970s and we shouldnt worry...

either way these groups are often specifically noted as having being down to a single company and split between those who stayed loyal and those who went rogue
    According to fluff (that is the often cited Nightlords Omnibus) Hurons power is only dwarfed by Abaddon. He runs a vast pirate empire with multiple space stations and a fleet that could try to take on an imperial sector fleet.
    The problem here is the chaos codex is said to be more about renegades and less about the legions of old. And still all the wargear is from the legions of old and even if you happen to play one of the "rich" guys like Huron or Abaddon you are still stuck with poorly equipped 2nd class marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I always have that issue with Superman. any other super hero, you know they will win, you just don't know how. with Superman, it is is how can he not?

I love the fact that chaos are short on stuff. The Night Lords trilogy has them constantly struggling with supply issues, they don't have enough servitors for all the crew stations on ship, they can't fire all the weapons on their thunderhawk. the most badass terrifying villains in the universe go scavenging for stuff the imperium wastes billions of, and I think it is fantastic.

chaos might make their guns shoot lightning, but then the next day they might make them shoot defrosting peas, because it is funny.

I always find it funny when people complain about chaos marines not having 'and they shall know no fear' too, despite the fact part of the very reason they are chaos marines is because they have thrown off the conditioning. why do they fall back when loyalists don't? because loyalists are committed to dying heroically, and traitors are committed to not dying at all. they see a few of their comrades shot down and they think screw that, I am a thousand years old, I am not hanging around here for somebody else's plan, I will go do what I want to do.
    He can't win if he's fighting Goku.

To add my own on thoughts on this I am going to use THE POWER OF METAPHOR.

-Your depressed, you cant get through a single day without hating everything around you

You know your a mindless pawn in a game, you cant get through a single day without hating everything around you

-You discover drugs, you know its bad for you but it makes all the pain go away. You wont get addicted

You discover chaos, you know its bad for you but it makes all the pain go away. You wont be controlled

-You hear people telling you to take it to a who new level of escape, the ultimate high

You hear voices telling you to take it to a who new level of escape, the ultimate accession

-A drug dealer is controlling you, always charging you more. The pains are getting worse

A warlord is controlling you, always sending you into tough situations. The mutations are getting worse

-You are now hopeless sobbing in the gutter, your probably going to die

You are now a spawn sobbing in the gutter, your probably going to die

And this is what its like to be chaos, you could make it big and ascend, but you'll most likely be killed like the pawn you are... Yet you still try, because you could. The hope is dangerous and corrupts you
    Last edited by Deathmage; 07-11-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789